Chapter 30: 生意 (Business)

It was a beautiful sunny day. Ching Shui Town was as lively as usual. A crowd of people gathered at the south pier of Qing Shui Town.

Some people who were new to the town didn't know what was going on so one of them asked someone on the sidelines, "What's going on here? There are so many people around!"

The person who was being asked looked at him and said, "First time at the pier?"

The man nodded his head in confusion.

"It is the most popular snack on the pier, so if they don't crowd around, there'll be nothing left."

The man looked at the huge queue in a daze and horror, how popular must it be? Unbelievably, he squeezed into the queue too, squeezing around for a long time before his person could reach him (the seller).

"How much do you want?" A delicate and good-looking ger asked him without raising his head.

"Er... how much is one?"

"Two wen for one."

The man looked at the large pot of golden stuff and hesitated: "Two sticks."

The delicate and good looking little ger neatly wrapped two chinese breadsticks in oil paper and handed it to him: "Pay this way!"

Standing next to the ger was a man who looked somewhat like him, he has tall stature and a very handsome appearance.

" Come on!" Someone at the back urged him.

The man hurriedly reached out and handed the man the four wen. After squeezing out through the crowd, the man couldn't wait to open the oil paper to take a bite. In that short moment, he regretted it immediately,not because he had spent money in vain, but because he didn't buy two more. It was really delicious!

Such a hot crowd was caused by Zhong Ziqi. Today is the third day he has set up his stall again. He originally wanted to visit the North Pier, but considering that he would need to reintegrate there once he arrived, he might as well stay at the South Pier, where all his regular customers are.The first day he opened the stall was a proof to his thinking. Many people were resentful since the stall had been closed for so long! Now that Jin Hua Restaurant has started selling cold noodles, everyone knows that this stall owner sold that delicious cold noodles recipe to Jin Hua. Many people regret that since everyone has their own taste, they still think that what this young ger made was more tasteful.

The stall owner who had disappeared for many days, unexpectedly reappeared with something even more delicious and tasty. Zhong Ziqi's stall is well known on the South Pier. The most eye-catching thing about it is the combination of four young good-looking lads with their delicious cooking.This combination made them famous!

News passed quickly from mouth to mouth around the docks. Soon the news that Zhong Ziqi was bringing along the culinary delicacy spread very fast. Many people came to the restaurant to see what was coming out. The result lived up to their expectations. It was so good! The fried breadsticks could also be eaten whether hot or cold. The owner also said that it would last for three days. Not only did the men who worked there, but also many Amu who lived in the town came to buy some, from time to time to satisfy their food craving.

Zhong Ziqi's offer of one free chinese breadstick when you buy five, or free two when you buy ten, caused a huge rush. Many people looked at him as if he was stupid.

Of course Zhong Ziqi is not stupid, the fried breadsticks is more profitable than cold noodles, it has the highest net profit, one person have a minimum of three sticks for one time meal, basically, an adult man needs five sticks to fill his stomach. If you can't eat all of it, you can put it away for another meal. In just three days, Zhong Ziqi earned more than half a Guan. There were also the big families in town, who often bought more and paid more, so it was not uncommon for them to reward a few more.