Chapter 79: 搬家 (Moving in)

After the new house was built, Zhao Zheng'an and Zhong Ziqi spent two days shopping for household items. The big ones were furniture such as wooden beds and dressing tables. The small ones were kitchen utensils, a needle and a thread.

When they had finished shopping, they decided to find a date to move in.

It was a village custom to invite relatives and friends for a meal when they were moving to the new house. After that, on the propitious day, at noon, they would officially enter the house and move in.

Neither of them knew anything about auspicious dates. Zhao Zheng'an drove his carriage to the town to find a person to calculate the date and coincidentally, there was an auspicious day on both of these two days. Zhao Zheng'an hurriedly bought back all the bowls and chopsticks, vegetables and meat he needed.

As for settling down on a new house's dinner celebration, Zhao Zheng'an and Zhong Ziqi would definitely not invite the Zhong and Wang families but they would invite Zhao Amu and the others to come over for a meal. However, Zhao Amu and the others were so busy, they probably didn't have the time either.

"I don't care anymore! Whoever can come just come then. It's just a ceremony, remember to invite Li Zheng's family too." Zhong Ziqi said.

Zhao Zheng'an nodded: "Yes, I know. I'll go to Zhao Amu's house later and ask him if he can spare some time to help you prepare everything needed for the ceremony."

"Hn." Zhong Ziqi nodded his head.

When Zhao Zheng'an went to Zhao Amu's house, they were having dinner.

"Zheng'an, you're here! Have you eaten yet? Would you like to have dinner at our house?" Zhao Amu greeted Zhao Zheng'an.

Zhao Zheng'an greeted Zhao Amu and Zhao Baogen before he sat on the Kang bed, shaking his head: "Amu, I've dinner already. You guys just eat, don't mind me!"

"Zheng'an ah, when is your family going to move? Have you found the auspicious date for it?" Zhao Amu asked as he ate.

Zhao Zheng'an smiled and said, "Coincidentally, I was just about to tell Amu and Uncle Bao Gen about it! I've had a teacher tell me that the day after tomorrow is an auspicious day. So, the day after tomorrow, you and Uncle Baogen, whoever has time, come over ba!"

"Who else you invite to come?"

"I haven't gone to the other's yet, I'll invite Li Zheng's family and Zhao Er Shu, also Huang Amu's family but I don't know if they could come or not. There's not even ten people yet."

Zhao Amu nodded: "I'll go then! Let your uncle (refer to Zhao Baogen) go to the town. His mouth is sealed, moreover he can't cook, so if he comes, he'll just be sitting around. If I go I can help Ziqi to prepare the food."

"Amu, look at the way you are talking about Uncle Baogen. Uncle Baogen, he just doesn't like to talk but if he comes, he could help me accompany Li Zheng and Second Uncle Zhao to have a drink which is also good." Zhao Zheng'an thought it was funny as he said this.

Zhao Amu covered his mouth and laughed, "Just with that ability of him to hold the liquor? He'll be down only after several drinks. You might as well go drink it yourself!"

Zhao Baogen was being sarcastically talked to by his wife so he was rarely embarrassed and glared at Zhao Amu. He said in a sullen voice: "Just eat yours!"

"Fine, fine,fine, I won't say anymore, eat, eat!"

Zhao Ning and the others who sat besides him also could not stop secretly laughing at them.