Chapter 6: 邀请 (Invitation)

On the way back, Zhong Ziqi had a hard time walking with the heavy things on his back. After all, he was a little ger in his original body, this body had never done any heavy work, so his strength was really pathetic.Zhao Zheng'an, however, had an easy time of it, he even tried to take Zhong ziqi basket off several times but he refused, knowing that Zhao Zheng'an's basket was not much lighter since most of the heavy things were there.

        At that moment, a carriage came from behind. On board were several aunts in their forties and fifties.The driver was an honest man in his fifties, known to most people in the village as Second Uncle Zhao/Zhao Er Shu. He had bought a horse-drawn carriage because his family had money to spare.He was usually the one who took the carriage to the town, so everyone paid two wen for the ride.

        When the carriage stopped next to Zhong Ziqi, Zhao Er Shu said in a muffled voice, "Qi Ge'er! Come up and take the carriage back!"

        "That's right, it's so heavy for Qi Ge'er to carry all that stuff, come on up!" There was a warm-hearted Amu, who said the same thing.

[Just reminder: Amu could mean mother or aunt or older marriage woman]

        Zhong Ziqi couldn't walk anymore, as he thought why bother with the two wen of money, so he pulled Zhao Zheng'an into the carriage: "Thank you, Second Uncle Zhao."

        "What did you buy, Qi Ge'er? So many things?" Someone asked.

Zhong Ziqi smiled, "We just divide the family, isn't it? We have nothing to eat or use at home, so we rushed to buy some."

        "Aiyou, it cost a lot of money to buy so many things, didn't it? When Wang Cuihua split the family, he didn't give you much, did he?" Some of the people who had a bad relationship with Wang Cuihua asked deliberately at this moment.In fact, all of them know very well, according to Wang Cuihua's nature, who would like to keep his money in but not out. How much could he possibly give?

        "It's not much, it's only a string of 1000 wen."

[Notes about a string of 1000 wén was supposed to be equal in value to one tael of silver]

        "Only one tael? Wang Cuihua is too much, even if the fool is not his biological son, he can't be so stingy, right? How could you live in the future by bringing the fool in your life like this? It's really ......" The person said with a look as if he felt indignant at injustice,someone else also followed, to chatter continuously.

        If the gloating in his eyes wasn't so obvious, Zhong Ziqi might have believed some of it, so he only smiled decently on the outside but was bored on the inside.

What's the point of all these people, one person, one mouth said 'fool'? They were happy to see others having a bad time, weren't they?

        Looking at Zhao Zheng'an who was quietly bowing his head, Zhong Ziqi felt uncomfortable. He reached out to take his clutching hand, Zhao Zheng'an immediately looked up and gave him a foolish smile.

When they reached the village, Zhong Ziqi pulled Zhao Zheng'an out of the cart. As expected,he received a lot of pitying looks.Originally, Zhao Er shu did not intend to take money from him, because when Zhong Zhenhang was still alive, they had some friendship with each other, besides that, he thought Zhong Ziqi is quite pity. Zhong Ziqi didn't know this, so he gave Zhao Er shu two wen since he didn't know each other well and he didn't want to be in debt.

        When he got home, it was getting late. In order to save some money, Zhong Ziqi deliberately didn't eat in the town, so he went into the hall, put the basket down, took out the things inside while he also instructed Zhao Zheng'an to put it away.