Chapter 24: 低落 (Gloomy)

"Alright, don't worry, I've got it under control." Zhong Ziqi's usual gentle and elegant smile, without a trace of sorrow, as if nothing could be difficult for him, made the others believe it unconsciously.

"Well, that's it for today, there aren't many people around either so let's go back!" After the little incident just now, the vendor booth was surprisingly 'no one came to inquire or buy' so many of the peddlers, looking at them with the look of 'rejoice in other people's misfortune', felt that they had lost a formidable opponent.

It was also good to be like this, Zhong Ziqi took this opportunity to close the stall, as he was in no mood to continue.

"Huh? Why are you back so early today?" Huang Amu asked these few people in confusion. Uncle Huang also came out of the room when he heard the sound.

"Ah, something came up so I planned to go back early today, here's today's rent money." Zhong Ziqi handed Huang Amu four wens, his smile did not show any trace of difference, only Zhao Ning and Zhao Sheng smiled reluctantly.

After sending the four away, Huang Amu turned around,said to Uncle Huang with a serious face, "These children are not quite right, is something wrong?"

Uncle Huang also frowned. They are all very clever, how could they not see it? Zhong Ziqi hides it well enough but Zhao Sheng and Zhao Ning can't hide anything at all, everything is written on their faces.

"I'll go and ask around!" Uncle Huang flicked his clothes then he opened the door to go out. There were a lot of people at the docks who he knew, so it was easy to find out.

Huang Amu waited anxiously at home, always feeling restless. In a short while Uncle Huang came back, his face not looking good with a hint of sadness.

"Well? Is something wrong?" Huang Amu asked anxiously, hoping that he was thinking too much.

"I heard that the Chang Shun Restaurant has come to look for trouble."

"What? What... What can we do? Poor Children! Although everything just went well recently !!" Huang Amu was stunned, for those living in the town, they knew too well regarding the power in the town.

The Jin Hua Restaurant is the largest restaurant in town, the power behind it is so mysterious that people dare not mess with it. On the other hand, the Chang Shun Restaurant is the only one that is as good as the Jin Hua Restaurant.They are also backed by a powerful force. The county magistrate(County Grand Master) of Feng Yang City is the power behind them.

Feng Yang City is the city around Qing Shui Town.It was some distance from Qing Shui Town, to get there, one had to travel by water.The Chang family is a small wealthy family there.The reason why they dared to be so reckless was that the Chang family had a 'lovely as a flower' (貌美如花 = beautiful looking) ger. Was it an exaggeration? They don't know, but this ger was chosen by the County Grand Master to be his little concubine, he was very much doted on, to be on an equal footing with his first wife.

The ger's favour was so great that he used to take a lot of gold and silver gifts from the family, which led to the Chang family becoming more and more arrogant. The ger's younger brother, who is also a smart one, although a bit trashy, but still relies on his sibling's subsidies, opened a restaurant, which is located in Qing Shui town, this restaurant, if you ask why not open in Feng Yang City? The first reason was that Feng Yang City relatively full with restaurants, the second reason is that the county governor's first wife in Feng Yang City is also a bit powerful, so they opened a restaurant away from Feng Yang City, in order not to collide with the other side.

Nowadays, this Boss Chang is also a relative of the Chang family whose personality is 'happy to partake but not prepared to do any work'. Now that the family is more powerful, he has started to act in a tyrant manner (橫行霸道). However, Chang Shun Restaurant has become the second largest restaurant in Qing Shui Town was not without strength, as many of its specialties, in addition to its signature dishes, have been robbed this way.