Chapter 12: 赚钱 (to earn money)

The bun stall owner gulped quietly, he had got up early in the morning and hadn't eaten breakfast. Moreover, the buns in the steamer were not ready yet. Zhong Ziqi's noodles were so delicious that it made his stomach growl. He turned away from them awkwardly to keep his eyes on the steamer, hoping it would be ready soon, but the smell was getting better and nearer.

He turned around, a bit puzzled but immediately he saw a steaming bowl of noodles.The owner of the noodles was looking at him with a smile: "Uncle Song, try my noodles too and see if they are good."

Uncle Song, embarrassed, touched his nose. "It's not easy for a ger like you to set up a stall, how can I take advantage of you? You should eat it yourself."

"It's just a bowl of noodles, it's not worth much, therefore I'll have to rely on Uncle Song to take care of my stall in the future." He had already said this, so Uncle Song didn't pretend more than that. He took the bowl, thanked him,and ate it in big mouthful bites.The taste was as good as he expected. It's hard to imagine that a half-grown ger could have made this.

When Zhong Ziqi returned to the stall, he looked around and saw some people had noticed the fragrant stall. He didn't care what they were hesitating about, cleared his throat to imitate the shouting of the surrounding vendors. "Noodles in a big bone soup, it smells great! If it's not delicious, you don't have to pay! Don't miss it, if you pass by!"

"Pfft, cough cough!" Zhao Ning spat out a mouthful of noodles, coughed gently, looking at Zhong Ziqi with unbelievable eyes. Even Zhao Sheng also looked at him in amazement, but only Zhao Zheng'an didn't notice what was wrong, he heard his wife's yell and stopped his chopsticks in amusement, also following his words and shouting loudly, "Big bone noodles in soup, fragrant! Don't pay if it's not good, don't miss it if you pass by." After shouting this, his long and narrow eyes looked at Zhong Ziqi.

Zhong Ziqi habitually praised, "Zheng'an shouted well, shout some more!" Zhao Zheng'an, having been instructed by his wife , opened his voice, shouted again and again.

When Zhao Ning and Zhao Sheng saw that people were already looking over here and heading this way, they suddenly had an epiphany in their heads.

When it's time to let go of your face, it's time to let go of it, and who knows who's who unless you yell a few more times!

"Boss, give me a bowl of noodles." A man in his thirties, dressed in short clothes, sat on Zhong Ziqi's stall and said this,at the same time, his eyes looking at the three people eating the noodles, the aroma was really long-lasting.

"Okay, you wait a moment."

Zhong Ziqi winked at the three of them: look, isn't this business coming?

Zhao Ning got up,came over to help with the fire, whispering, "Ziqi, you're awesome!"

Zhong Ziqi smiled, he was also excited, this was his first business, and he was finally open for business.It would be a shame if it stayed 'cold' like this.

(Tl notes: it mean it would be a shame if he got 0 customer)

Zhong Ziqi stirred the noodles in his hands, when he felt they were almost ready, he put the noodles into a large bowl, then he brought it to the man's table: "Here are your noodles!"

The man tasted the noodles, which were much better than those from other noodles stalls, it had the fragrance of bamboo shoots. The bamboo shoots were a little bit sour, so he could not help but ask skeptically, "Boss, the bamboo shoots are not spoiled, right? Why is it sour?"

Zhong Ziqi laughed and said.

"You said, if it's bad, how could I still bring it here for you to eat? This is my unique way of making them.I'm sorry it's inconvenient for me to tell you the way to make it. But don't worry,as you can see my friends are eating so it's not poisonous."