Chapter 27: 想法 (Thought)

It was still early, not time to cook yet so Zhong Ziqi said to Zhao Zheng'an: "Let's go to the mountain and put the chickens away."

Zhao Zheng'an immediately put the chickens on a chair before going out happily with his wife.

Zhong Ziqi wanted to go up to the mountains to cut some branches to make a fence for the chickens so that he wouldn't forget later. The branches in the mountains were not easy to cut because of the humidity. After a few attempts, Zhong Ziqi's hands became sore,then finally Zhao Zheng'an, who cared for his wife, took over.

Looking at a certain someone who 'forge ahead with the vigor and vitality of the tiger',Zhong Ziqi reassured himself that he was in a little ger's body so it was normal for him to have no strength, as long as he had a man's heart it would be enough.

Zhong Ziqi didn't want Zhao Zheng'an to work too hard, so he started picking up branches around the trees, but as he did so, his speed slowed down and Zhong Ziqi's attention was drawn to the mountain of fruit trees, with ripe fruit scattered all over the place and birds falling in from time to time to peck at it.

Zhong Ziqi was very enthusiastic about the resources in the mountains, if used well it would be money for nothing. So, what can he do with the fruit?

First, you can make canned fruit.

Second, to make dried fruit or jam.

Third, it can be used to make wine.

The first two were not favourable to Zhong Ziqi.The market was too small. It was fine to make a snacks between meals for small amount of money in your spare time, but if you want to make a lot of money, the latter was more reliable.There was no fruit wine in the country, all were high-concentration white wine therefore the lowest alcohol was rice wine, so Zhong Ziqi is still, relatively optimistic about the market for this.

The wine is not a short job, it takes at least a month from brew to finish, not to mention that if you want it to be more aromatic, it will take even longer, so in between, he will have to think of another job.

After the two of them got enough branches, they carried a large bundle on their back while walking home with difficulty. While the sky was not dark yet, they put up the fence, considering that the chickens would grow up later, the fence should be wider and higher to prevent the chickens from flying out.

The sun had already gone down. The sky had turned from bright to grey when they finished it real quick.

"Well, go and rest! You're hungry, aren't you? I'll go and make dinner." Zhong Ziqi wiped the beads of sweat from his forehead as he told Zhao Zheng'an to rest.

Zhao Zheng'an also wiped the sweat from his face and obediently went to rest.

Zhong Ziqi went into the kitchen, washed his face before he started to cook dinner. He had bought a carp in town today. it seemed that he had never eaten fish since he came here! Since he was not keen on seafood, it was optional so if he hadn't come across it today, he would have forgotten about this all along the way.

After he filled the basin with water, Zhong Ziqi washed the fish carefully, what he hated most about cooking fish was scraping the scales and cleaning up the innards inside, if he could save,he would save so when he bought the fish he gave an extra 1 wen for the fish seller to clean it up.

Wash the fish, slice it on both sides with a knife and set it aside. Wash the scallion, ginger and hot red pepper before cutting them into julienne strips.