Chapter 47: 两个男人 (Two men)

At Ching Shui town, where many people were coming and going on the dock, a passenger boat was docked at this moment. There were four or five people disembarking from the boat, either merchants or visiting relatives. Among them, there were two tall men who stood out from the rest of the people. One of the men had a grave and stern facial features, a slender figure,a graceful demeanour and an out of ordinary manner. He was kind of 'out of place' on the pier. The man beside him, though expressionless, was far worse than the man beside him in terms of bearing and appearance. He was clearly a page.

The stern man didn't care about his surroundings, always stealing glances at his servant and saying to the man beside him: "You lead the way!"

The expressionless man:"Yes."

The man walked lightly towards the corner of the dock with ease while the elegantly behaved man followed behind him, walking unhurriedly. Everywhere he went, the people around him made way for him and after they had gone, there was a clamour in the crowd.

The man, who looked like the fellow servant, walked for a while then suddenly he stopped.

"What's the matter? Are we there?"

The elegant man came from the back to the front and surveyed the surroundings. The bustling crowd of vendors was plentiful but there was no stall owner who he said was a young ger.

The boy also stood troubled, surveying the surroundings for a moment, thinking for a moment that he probably had misremembered.

"Hong Ying, what's the matter? Where is the person?" The man asked in a deep voice.

The man called Hong Ying, furrowed his eyebrow, thought for a minute: "Master, this subordinate is sure, they were here before. Moreover their business is brisk, the stall is right next to the bun vendor." Hong Ying pointed in that direction.

"Oh? Are you sure?"

"This subordinate is certain." Hong Ying returned with his head slightly bowed.

"Then, ask that bun seller, he must know." The elegant man lifted his chin, his magnetic voice was cold and cheerless.

"Yes." Hong Ying led the way, walking towards the man who looked a little nervous.

The man was no other than Uncle Song. Uncle Song had been paying attention to these two men for a long time. Accurately, no one on the pier did not pay attention to them. Uncle Song was still secretly guessing what they were when he noticed that the two men were looking at him. Not long after that, one of the men came towards him. How could this not make him nervous? There was obviously something going on here.

Soon the man was in front of him: "I want to ask you about someone!"

Uncle Song breathed a sigh of relief, it was good that it wasn't someone looking for trouble. He 'stumbled slightly' as he answered: "You ...... you say."

"Next to you, where is the ger whose business used to be very popular?"

Uncle Song was confused for a moment, waited until the other party had impatiently prodded him again. Only then did he remember, the Ger next to him, wasn't that Zhong Ziqi?

"You mean Qi Ge'er, right? He's not here anymore. There's a shop called 'Quite Delicious' not far ahead of you that they've just rented. It just opened a few days ago."

The expressionless man got the news he wanted, dropped a stiff thank you, as he walked back to the other man, whispered a few words. Therefore, the two of them walked off in the direction of "Quite Delicious".

Uncle Song looked envious. Qi Ge'er's business was good. Both the former Jin Hua Restaurant and the current stranger, all came here for his food, right? Uncle Song shook his head, 'Comparisons are odious'(人比人,氣死人) , but he admitted his defeat, indeed his skills were not as good as Qi Ge'er's. He was still self-aware of this.