R.E.M

You were hit with a wall of humid air when you opened the door of the guild. It was in the middle of the summer months and with the large river going around Magnolia, it wasn't uncommon for the town to be this way. While leaving, Wendy and Carla were having a verbal altercation on 'What Wendy can or cannot do'. You believed that Wendy was a very strong individual but everyone had their limitations.

You walked beside them, tuning in and out as they continued on. You looked around, many street venders were beginning to leave while some, shocking you the most, were setting up. They had light pens, lacrima, orbs, potions, and dozens of other magic related items. Though it would be pretty neat to be able to stay out and enjoy it, you remembered something that Lily had told you -- "Most things that happen at night, are not decent or worthy enough to be seen during the day -- in bright light." Suppose he meant bad wizards?

"Have you thought about going out on jobs?" Stunned by the abruptness of the subject change, you take a glance at her.

"Uh... yeah actually." You look back to the road. "But the master insists I wait until he feels I'm healed enough."

There was a long pregnant pause,  one of contemplation, before she spoke again. "Will you go on a quest with me?" Wendy wasn't one to 'ask' for things. She was reserved and more self reliant than most children her age -- mostly due to her past being filled with loss. You had always guessed that she didn't want to drive people away.

A smile playing on your lips, you feel the regret of asking radiating off of her. You even heard Carla silently scolding her for being so forward. "It would be an honor, Wendy." As her arms wrapped around you, you noticed you had never been hugged before -- not by another person at least. It was weird. Not the uncomfortable weird but taboo weird. You always assumed that decent humans did not make an effort to have physical contact with one another in that manner. You accepted it with an open mind.

"Thank you, (Y/n)."

--                                                       --

"You ready?"

You stared at Nastu from the door way. He wore a nice shirt and black pants. Giving him the 'up-down', you noticed how well he cleaned up. He looked as though he belonged in a fantastic library or university. "Figures." He smiled, letting his surprisingly perfect teeth show. "Let's get you dressed, okay?" You looked down at your bare feet, Natsu placed his hand politely on your lower back -- guiding you to your bed.

"Where are we going, if you don't mind?" He sat you on the edge of your bed. You tucked your hands between your knees as he began rummaging through your clothes.

It took a moment before he pulled out a red blouse. He examined it. "South Gate Park." You watched him put it down and grab another -- purple. "There's a show going on tonight that you might like."

You swallowed. His hands pulled out more clothes. You didn't have much but it made you self-conscious that he didn't like any of them. "You planned this?" Natsu was so amazing. Why anyone hasn't snatched him up yet was a mystery to you.

He laughed, closing the top drawer to open the one beneath it. "Of course. In fact, I told you yesterday I wanted to take you out." Just as he finished, He took out a black dress. It was something Lucy bought you while she was out on a mission insisting that it was 'your style'. It was a bit short and inappropriate for most everything so you tucked it away for nobody to ever find. He turned to you with a mischievous shine in his eyes."Come here."

Before you could object, he somehow managed to make it across the room and lifted you from your bed. "Natsu," He was just about to pull your shirt up before you grabbed his wrists. "It's okay. I can find something."

"Please lemme see you in this." Natsu tugged the hem of your shirt between his fingers. "Just once." His eyes pleaded with you. In fact, they threw a tantrum.

"I don't know..." You felt weird. He was standing there begging to see you in a skimpy outfit Well... Skimpy is a bit too far.

Looking between him and the dress, you gave in. It wasn't like you haven't thought about trying it on -- alone. "I'll just take this into the bathroom--"

"No!" Natsu's quick change in volume made you jump."I know you. You'll come right back claiming it doesn't fit." You flinched. He was right. Suppose it was just having to wear a large shirt for five years that turned you off of dresses.

You backed away from him. "Fine." You laid the dress over the bed frame. With a deep breath of nervousness, you began to pull your tee-shirt over your head. It was only when it was fully off, you noticed the many scars that came from the dungeon. They were all different shapes and mainly came from rocks.

You tucked your thumbs into your pants just as Natsu stepped closer. "Can I kiss you?" You felt your heart knock against your ribs.

It took a bit longer then you thought to answer. But when you did, You couldn't bring your voice past an exhausted whisper. "Okay."

He looked nervous -- almost like he'd never done this before. With a bit of hesitance, Natsu leaned in, not quite landing just close enough to feel his breath. "You sure?" As he spoke, his lips brushed against yours softly. Though it was most toward the beginning for he pulled away in case you changed your mind.

"Mmhm." He laughed at your answer. It was a delicate laugh, but it held excitement. Slipping his hand on the back of your neck, he--
                          ---
You gasped as you are pulled from your dream by a knock at the door. "(Y/N)." The knocking continues. "(Y/n). Are you awake?" Wendy spoke silently from behind the door. Looking at the time, you couldn't be mad at her. It was past twelve.

"Yeah!" You raked your fingers through your hair. "Come in!" The door opens to reveal Wendy in pigtails. Her adorable sun dress falls perfectly at her side as she stood in the doorway.

She smiled questioningly at you. "Are you okay? You seem shaken."

You nodded as you jumped from bed -- heading to your dresser. "Hang on." After you said this, You heard Wendy begin to speak with Juvia and Erza who stood in the hallway. Though, you didn't hear what they were saying.

Pulling open the second drawer, you tugged out all of the clothes within it. Once they all laid around you, you saw it. The dream must have filled in false information about that dress because you had made it for Cana who's birthday was coming up. But sadly it was too small bust wise.

You didn't know how long you had been staring at it until you heard your name through your daze. "(Y/n). Let's go." Erza ordered from the door.

With one last look at the dress that was once a present, you got ready to head to the guild hall.

XxTo Be ContinuedxX