Wednesday Morning

"Again."

You take in deep breaths as you pull yourself up. You still couldn't see how this would help Mavis, though. Was someone going to go through the door to retrieve her? And if so, who would that be?

Once on your feet, you cupped your hands together. This didn't have a name, but was somewhat accomplishing what they needed done. They needed something to summon a door. It was perfect in the academic sense. You have used it to look at doors maybe at one time to go trough it, but it never seemed to work. That was the part they would have to figure out on their own. You forced your hands together as though you were squeezing something just inside of them. You pressed more -- knuckles and finger tips turning a lighter skin tone. You forced your magic between your hands which, if done correctly, could create an unstable orb of pure magic power. It was kind of like a little ruler, demanding elements to behave. But if it's needs weren't met, it would implode. The more it needs stabilization, the stronger the implosion will be... And the longer it takes for the door to be summoned.

Just as it formed in your hand, you tossed it, letting it float dangerously in the middle of the designated spot within Freed's enchantment.

All elemental wizards stood around it -- waiting for even the slightest falter. Those seconds of concentration turned to minutes of curiosity as the orb merely stayed in perfect harmony. Nobody spoke, or moved, or barely even breathed for some time. And the one who did move after the waited time was Mr. Gildarts himself. "Can we get to the door?"

You stood frozen -- not blinking in a slight fighting stance for if you had to, you had to throw that orb into the wormhole just beneath the guild. "Yeah." You could see Gildarts looking at you as if questioning your ability to spot a problem, or perhaps your intelligence. "Just don't touch it." Natsu even gave you a look because he was the one to protect you from it in the off chance the hole took longer to close. The fire from that orb could melt the skin off of any other living being, but only Natsu is the one to stand against it.

The master rose from his seat. Not walking or even moving from where he was, but lifted his hands. Funny thing is, this was the closest to summoning the door from any attempt all night. Was it the amount of times doing it? Or was it that you're now comfortable making this destructive monster? The master then spoke in a language you've never heard before. Maybe Latin? Spanish? With a bolt of red magic, the orb glitched, bubbled, and foamed. Though it was similar, it wasn't like the feelings it gave you the last times it became unstable. It was more of it being willing to obey. Willing to be whatever it was Makarov told it to be.

You watched as the seconds drew on with the orb taking shape, but it wasn't what you were expecting. It wasn't a door per say. More... A gate. An actual gate. It was tall, metal, and a deep dark color. Almost like black with a blue highlight. Just beyond its thick bars, you could see the master sitting back down rather pleased.

You didn't know what to say now having seen the gate to the afterlife. There was a long heavy feel about the air between everyone because as you peered around the room, Everyone had the same expression -- who would be the first to speak? The first to interrupt the feeling having successfully summoned the once thought impossible?

It was then a small, and very sweet voice broke through the dense silence. "You've found it!" You felt goose bumps rise as if you could feel the sound waves from the voice behind you hit your back.

Spinning, you turned to the girl from the bar. "Where are your parents?" Gildarts asked in a harsher tone than what you would've taken. It wasn't like she was a threat. She was just a little girl.

"In Snow Sprite Village." Lacy smiled. Her fingers fidgeting with the top layer of her dress, trying not to make the man angry.

"How? That's way past Mt. Hakobe." Erza spoke from just past the gate. "For a girl your age to walk from there-" Her words trailed off for a moment to think.

Lacy smiled. "Not if you know how to use the gates." She began walking, almost skipping, to the enchantment. "All ghosts have one." She placed one foot over the words, then the other until she was enclosed in the beautiful glowing words. "They are given to those who are deemed worthy in life."

Your eyebrows furrowed. "But this isn't yours." That's the only logical assumption right?

The little girl lifted her hand. "That's correct." She pointed her index finger, moving it slowly between the bars of the gate to were it was stopped by an invisible force. "I went through the wrong gate..."

xXTo Be ContinuedXx