Elves, Candycanes, and Alcohol

PART 1

It was cold as you walked to the guild. It was odd. Just the other day the weather was perfect for shorts and a tank top.

I knew I shouldn't have worn this..

Komo hugged his little box he had wrapped himself. "This is gonna be so fun! You know..I've bever been to a party! I hope Erza likes her gift!" He was so happy when the slip of paper had her name on it. He was all blushy when he ran up to you. He had known what to get her weeks - a braclet that read: Titania.

You fiddled with the wrapping paper as you spoke. "She'll love it, Komo! I'm positive she'll wear it everyday." You smile at him, his eyes were full of fear. Fear of being rejected? Fear of not being good enough? You didnt know.

As you opened the doors to the building, you could feel the heat hit your exposed skin on your arms and legs. The room around you was full of Christmas spirit! Everyone was smiling, exchanging gifts, and even dressed in cute festive dresses and suits.

"Come on!" Komo grabbed your sleeve and was pulling you too her. She was talking with Romeo. The closer we got to her, the more his nervousness showed.

She turned as you approached. "Hello. I am glad to see both of you of good health. Are you enjoying the party?" She smiled a beautiful smile. It made Komo giggle.

He hugged the box even harder as he spoke. "I...I'm your secret santa Erza. I hope you like your gift! I made it myself!" He held out the box. It was so cute, his writing in blue marker was messy and Erza happily accepting it with love in her eyes. When she opened it, her smile faded - making Komo shift. She removed the braclet. You had never seen it you had just known what he had told you. What you saw was a beautifully welded silver band that had gems embeded in it. The letters Titania was in perfect cursive.

She looked up at him. Eyes full of shock. "I...I don't know what to say." Her eyes were wide as she locked them back on the bracelet.

Komo nervously laughed. "I'm sorry...I thought you would like it..." He fiddled with his black bow tie. Eyes wide as he stared at the floor. It was then Erza embraced him. Her eye was watery.

She merely whispered. "I adore it." Even Romeo was looking at like 'why did he think she wouldn't like it?'

You looked around the room for Gray. You were his Santa. When you spotted him, he was being Interrogated by Juvia. It made you felt a little uncomfortable. You quickly looked away. When you did, you saw Natsu talking to Lizanna. He wore a black suit. What was shocking was that he didn't wear his scarf. It, for some reason, made you blush to see him without it. It was almost like he wasn't wearing anything at all.

You blinked away. It kind of made you jealous to see him talking to her.

They're friends.. of course he would be having a conversation with Lizanna.

You swallow and start walking toward Gray. He kind of looked relieved when you did. "Hey, (Y/n)!"

"Hey! Umm. So yeah.. Here's your gift." Handing it him, you feel a warm hand on your lower back. You didn't have to look up to see who it was. "It's just a ring. It says your name on it. I didn't know what else to get you." You laugh nervously as he slipped it on his index finger.

"Its nice! I like it! Thanks, (Y/n)!" Then he pulled you into a hug. His body was cold. It sent goosebumps down your spin.

---

It felt like that hug lasted forever. I never felt so angry. When it was over I tucked my finger into one of her belt loops on the skirt she was wearing.

I gently start pulling her closer to me. When she was, I could feel how it made Gray uncomfortable.

To be honest, it tickled me.

After an awkward moment, (Y/n) looked at me. "I'm going to get something to drink." She walked, I followed. Through the crowd in the center of the guild straight to the bar. Finger still in the loop. "May I get some water, Mira?"

"You don't drink?" She looked confused. "Alcohol?" With the question, her eyes widened.

"Of course not. I would never. Komo needs my full attention so I can never get like that." She blinked. She looked saddened.

I move a stray peice of hair from her face. "Oh. That makes sense." That simple gesture made me feel like their were eyes on us.

Mira returned with a cold glass and a grin that went from ear to ear. She giggled as she handed it to (Y/n). She nodded up, making me look.

Of course...

---

The water was cool as it ran down your throat. I turn around to see a very blushy Natsu and a couple of guild members whispering. You blink at him. "What?"

He shook his head. "Nothing...just.. Mira being Mira." He grabbed your wrist but just as he did, Mira did the same.

"No no! You have to!" You look up at him to giving Mira a pleading look. "Just one." She giggled.

It was then he gave you a kiss on your forehead, causing your face to turn red.

"Awww!" A drunk Cana yelled from across the guild. Natsu jumped and pulled away. As he guided you away, you look up to see a thick bundle of mistletoe hanging from the bar sign.

How cliche.

xXTo Be ContinuedXx