Confrontations

Nine months. Gone. Poof.

Nine. whole. months.

I stomped onto the guild's property. I could feel my flames just begging to incinerate the building in it's entirety. How could they not tell me? It's my memories after all.

I could see a few people sitting outside, they watched in owe as I kicked the door open. Nobody took much notice apart from a few. Even Gramps just sat reading the newest copy of 'Sorcerer Weekly'. I glued my eyes to him and trotted down the steps.

As I got closer, I felt a hand on my arm. "Natsu." I whipped around. Lucy had an excited expression on her face until she took in a good look at mine. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." I ripped my arm away from her -- fixing my eyes back to Gramps. "Except it's fucking July!" At this, he looked up slowly. The blank expression on his face made my anger grow even more.

There was a long pregnant pause before he decided to bless me with his words of 'wisdom'. "It is July, isn't it." He said while looking back at the magazine. My breath caught. That it? Nothing else? Not a -- I'm sorry you lost your memory?

"Yeah!" I stomped closer to him. I could see Mira move back from the counter -- glass still in hand. "It was just October! I'm missing nine months!" I could feel someone cold and quite obnoxious walking up behind me.

"Just don't think too much on it." Gray sat at his usual seat at the counter. Mira placed the glass just ahead of him on top of a napkin in an attempt for it to not warp the already old wood.

I shook my head. "Just tell me what happened over that time." I'm angry they didn't tell me. I felt even worse I don't even remember if (Y/n) and I already had something.

"Natsu. A lot of crazy shit happened and it's over." Gray rubbed the outside of the condensed glass. While doing so, he leaned his head back and blew smoke rings toward the ceiling. I watched them disappear as I tried to find words.

"You will gain them in your own time." Gramps flipped the page, eyes moving quickly about the article he was reading. I didn't feel much like arguing or let alone being angry anymore. If it was "crazy shit" then I suppose I don't want to pry open that can of emotion.

--KOMO--

I splashed the warm water. The soap had not been added in the bath (Y/n) had fixed for me in the sink. I wanted to talk to her about where she went last night but didn't want her to know I was awake. The confliction of a young Tom cat I suppose.

"Komo." My ears shot up at the sound of my name. "What soap do you want?"

And just like that -- I forgot what I was thinking about. "There are different kinds?!" I bounced in the sink, the water making small title waves as I did so. She called out many different scents but all I could think was -- "Can I have all of them?" I begged to myself as I waited for the answer. That would make the coolest smell!

"Sure." I squealed when I saw the many bottles in her arms. "But I just wanna know why." She smiled as she drained the water a bit before mixing the soaps.

"I wanna impress someone." I played with the drain plug. I began to think about my confliction again. Should I tell her? Or shan't I? Giggling at the "Shan't", I Watched the soap being added into the water.

"Who do you want to impress?" I could hear the interest in (Y/n) voice as I felt the warm water fill the sink more.

I plugged the drain so the water would fill. "Gray and Erza." I said, a bit embarrassed.

"I understand Erza but... Gray?"

I blushed a bit. "Because he's my teacher." Plus I think he is so awesome, nice, strong, and smart. But... That would sound stupid if I said that out load. "I think it will distract him from my terrible maker magic." I said as I watched as the soap grew.

(Y/n) started to rub the soap on my head. She always makes sure the places I can't reach has soap and once they are, she gives me the privacy, with a few check ins. Probably to make sure I don't drown. "Ah." She said while rubbing my back.

"I have a question for you now." I stood to grab the mixed soap bottle. It had a strange green look. "Where did you go last night?" I squeezed the bottle, watching (Y/n) closely for her 'tell'. She doesn't know this but she blinks twice when she lies. She bites her lip when it's a half truth.

"I went out. Just to the picnic tables." She did neither. With a smile, I started to rub the soap on my tummy. "I couldn't sleep. How did you know?"

The conflicts. "I was awake." She raises an eyebrow at me and slowly turned to leave me to my bath.

"I heard Natsu's voice!" I called after her. She stopped. I knew she hated to show affection to him around me. That's part of why I feel like a burden. "You're going on that date, you know." She whipped around. Face the same red as my fur.

"Komo. I -"

"No!" I pointed the soap bottle at her, mimicking what I saw Erza doing with a sword in one of Reedus's drawings. "Make that boy your bride!" She would merely walk away -- embarrassment sprawled across her face.

xXTo Be ContinuedXx