A New Begining

"Do you remember where you heard it?" She held a hopeful light in her eyes.

She blinked at me. "No. But it must have somewhere special."

We would dance until her feet started to hurt. And after that, I would put her back on the picnic table were she would tell me stories of her life. Well.. upon request that is.

"Its pretty late.." She looked into my eyes from her stop next to me. "Are you sure you want to walk home alone?" She had concern in her eyes. In her lovely, beautiful, big, round eyes. I blushed as I thought about how stupid that would sound out loud.

I have been agonizing over her for a little while now. She was so pretty. But..even though I wanted desperately for her to more then just a dear friend of mine but I kind of knew a 10 would never go out with a 4 who sometimes thought he was a 6, I also can't take not making her..something. I blinked. "Would you..." I felt weak. I took in a deep breath. "Would you like to..." She looked at me. She held a curious light about her.

Just say it. 'Would you like to go on a date with me?'

"Would you like to go on a quest with me?"

Damn.. I squeeze my eyes shut in self loathing.

She blinked a few times. "Sure! It would be fun!" She smiled widely but.. I still felt bad.

"Thats not what I wanted to ask.." She adopted the same curious feel again.

She grabbed my hand. "You know.. whenever I have something to say but can't, I just say it really fast." She bites her lip a bit. "Kind of like a bandage."
God she was smart. I took in a deep breath. "Would you like to go on a date with me?" I screamed internally. She didnt answer immediately, making me feel like I needed to run far away.
"Yes." My heart stopped. I stared at her as she fiddled with my hands. "But.. I also have something to tell you." You both jump, reason being is because her own exceed was calling her name. She looks at me before leaning to me whisper something into my ear, her hand on my cheek.

"(Y/n)!" The voice was frantic. It sounded like he was about break down. "(Y/N)!!" My mind went dizzy for a moment as she pulled away, climbed down the table, and trotted off gracefully while calling to the little exceed.

I didn't begin my own way home until she was out of sight. I couldn't help but to only think about what she had said.

"I'm in love with you, Natsu."

-- AWW!! Role reversal!!

**Thinks back to "That Night Time Visit" with fondness** ヽ(*・ω・)ノ --