The Extraction

--NATSU--

I sat outside of gramp's office. The hallway was kind of dark but still had a bit of natural light so you could tell it was around noon.

As I sat on the floor, I couldn't hear what was happening in the room. In fact, I couldn't really hear anything at all. I suspect it was due to my high anxiety of whatever it was that gramps needed me for.

I lean my head against the wall while letting out a breath. "What does he need this one for?"

Who knows? Not this one!

I rolled my eyes at the voice. Though I kind of got used to their presence - in the day time, I won't miss them when they leave. In fact, I welcomed the thought for a few seconds until my head is filled with screeches of many different voices. I had also begun to count them. I would get up to six before I would only be able to lay my hand down at wish them away.

"Natsu." I looked to the open doorway. Upon standing, I could see the room was dark with only two silhouettes inside. "Hurry." I quickened my pace, closing the door behind me. I could see an ominous blue light was in the center of the room, Gramps and, from what I could tell, Prolyusica stood on either side.

"Is this an intervention?" I thought about if I had any addictions. Food? Does food count as one? It was then I thought. maybe it wasn't. maybe it was the extraction gramps mentioned earlier. In my thoughts, I could see him summon a magic circle. My eyes widen at the sight of painful looking equipment. "Okay, there's nothing wrong with me! I'm fine!" My felt my breath quicken as a felt a pulling, moving me from my spot.

Porlyusica opened her mouth to speak, my body beginning to shake. "Your actions last night spoke differently. They need to exterminated." Her harsh tone made my breath catch.

"Please.. I'm fine, I swear!" It was then I stopped in the middle of the room, as I did, on of Freed's enchantments surrounded me in a tight square. I placed my hands on the wall facing the master.

"If you had only obeyed my orders, this wouldn't be happening." Gramps then took in a breath. He looked at me from my prison. It was though he regretted what he was about to do. He waited though. He just sat, drank a bit of alcohol, and waited. He didn't even meet my eyes most times. In fact it was a long while before he spoke again."Now?"

"No. They are not active." the old woman spoke from her spot beside him. She fiddled with papers and looked at me from time to time as though studying my condition. "We need something to spark an immense amount of emotion, thus activating their engagement." She took a pause. "Or, we could weaken his mind." Gramps eyes her for a moment. I could see him thinking about what he was gonna do.

It was then I jumped at the sound of a spin chilling scream. "Let me out!" I banged on the invisible wall. "I have to help her!" My eyes would soon blur with my need to see (Y/n). Even though her scream had long been ended, It screeched though my mind. I felt pointless, like my life had no meaning if not to be with her. Especially if her screams held such pain.

"That works." The woman threw her hand on a button and the sound of lacruma filling with magic power hit my ears. I opened my mouth to speak but was cut off. "She's fine. She's doing the same procedure with Titania and...others." She screamed again. I could only fall to my knees in defeat and waiting for whatever the lacruma was going to hit me with.

--(Y/n)--

You swallow. Your vision was dim as you looked at the figures of those who were near you as you lay. "Just a few more." Erza sat in her chair ahead of you. Your eyes burned from the tears that flowed from them.

"How many...?" You words were hardly a whisper. Mira bowed her head.

Erza crossed her arms. "A few." She reluctantly moved her hand toward the button, but she didn't push it. "We can take a break if you'd like." You would slowly closed your eyes and moved your head toward the roof.

You heard his quick yell. It was only loud enough for those on the top floor to hear it and it wasn't long enough to know where exactly it came from. "Was that...?"

Mira whiped her eyes. "Erza." The button was pressed. With it's noise, you open your eyes to see the blue light from the lacruma. It burned the brighter it got. But it was only for a moment, for your vision would go black and the sounds of your own screams would fill your ears.

xXTo Be ContinueXx

--Chapter 60 is next,.it's gonna start a new arc. XD So there. OuO --