The Dance Of The Stars

--Natsu--

I look at the roof. I didn't have to look at the clock to know it was past twelve. Happy snored from his bed. It was a soft snore, not like the train sounds Elfman makes.

I knew her name now. Someone had said it in the guild earlier though, I couldn't quite remember who it was. When I heard it, it sang in my ears. It sang so much and so loudly I had to repeat it.

I shifted from my spot on the floor - wasn't feeling the hammock tonight. I honestly wasnt feeling anything. I sat up, my hair falling slightly into my face.

"Natsu?" Happy's voice was sleepy and confused. I ran my fingers through my hair before I responded.

"Hm?"

"Just checking." He flopped back down and immediately started snoring again. I could only raise my eyebrows in shock.

It was quiet. Well... if you take away the sound of crickets that talked outside and of course, Happy. I rolled over onto my side, pulling my cover up to my face.

(Y/n).

I blinked and breathed in the air the leaked through the open window. It was then I closed my eyes. I laid there. It was only a few more moments when something hit me.

I forgot how to go to sleep.

I rolled over on my back and looked up to the roof again.

How does it work? You close your eyes and....what next? You just slip away? Do I do something unconsciously that helps in the act of 'falling alseep'?

I panicked a bit. What if I never fell asleep again? I would soon narrow it down to her. She made my mind race with wonder and brightness and... something else. I wouldn't say love or even lust. But it was something.

A walk might help..

--(Y/n)--

You breathed in the night air. Komo was sleeping soundly on the bed when you silently slipped out.

You kept the window open so you could hear if he called you. So far nothing.

You laid down on a picnic table. Your feet on the bench seat. The stars were definitely shining tonight. They almost Seemed to danced the waltz with one another. It put a smile on your face.

You pulled your hand up to the sky, forming your own little stary night. It even held a moon and those stars, too, danced. if it were possible they were exploding with excitment, You giggled to your self when they would turn to soft shining dust which fell soundlessly to the table. You closed your eyes to not let the dust get caught in them.

You turned your head to the building. Komo still was a sleep from what you could tell. It was then you jumped at the sound of branch snaping. Your heart raced as you sat up quickly, you saw a familier figure walking down the dirt path. His head was down and his emotion was...blank?

"Natsu?" You smiled when he turned to you. He made excited but nervous little gestures before he responded.

"(Y/n). " You could see his wide smile through the darkness. You motioned for him to come over, he did. He even cut through the batch of trees and bushes. "How are you?" He asked when he finally stood in front of you.

"I'm fine. How are you?" You smiled at him, making his eyes widen. Even there, his own stars shone.

He fiddled with his hands. "I'm okay. I just...forgot how to fall alseep."

You laughed. It was such an absurd statement that was also kind of cute. "How does one forget how to fall alseep?"

He laughed a bit. "It happens!" He wasnt hurt, more amused by his own words. You both laughed for a moment longer before you patted a spot on the table next to you.

"Would you like to sit with me?" He nodded and climbed the picnic table. You felt a familiar feeling warm you. The normality of sitting with him was absolutely euphoric.

You looked up to the sky again. The stars were beautiful. They always are. "Have you ever thought that they might be living?" You laid back down to get a less straining look.

Natsu would soon follow suit. "What do you mean?"

You felt his eyes find your profile. You assumed they were full of the wonder and curiosity that they always did. "That the stars have feelings like you and I. Perfect beings of happiness that like to dance with each other." Despite it's late hour, you were wide awake. Maybe it was the clear sky.

"Do you dance, (Y/n)?"

You turned to Natsu. He blinked at you innocently. "No. I've never had the occasion to." You flashed him a small smile. You looked at each other for a bit. It was almost as though he wanted to freeze your face in his memory.

"Then dance with me." He blinked again. You hadn't noticed how large his eyes were. Not in a odd way but in a way that complemented his facial structure. They were really precious if you thought about it.

It was then you fully digested his statement. "What?" He sat up. Climbing back down the table. His smile was also a bit cricked.

Why am I noticing these things?

You had sat up as he climbed down. Now he held his right hand to you. "This is a great time to dance. We have light." He pointed to the sky.

"But," You grabbed his hand, making your way down the table. "Don't we need music to dance?" He thought for a moment.

Then he started humming. It was a soft hum. Not heard very well, but was there. He lifted you from the ground and pressed you against himself. Your bear feet were on his just enough for them to move in sync. He mainly held you, his arm around your waist, the other had held your hand about shoulder height.

You could hear the humming from where you were. It was really nice. You listened closely. It was "What'll I do". A song older then the both of your ages combined. You knew it well. A man you called Yuuya in Emory played it on a small record player. It made your chest feel warm with nostalgia.

You leaned your head against his chest. His heart was racing. You would turn your focus from his movements to the song.

"When I'm alone with only dreams of you that won't come true, what'll I do?" The first time Natsu listened to it was on your own record player. He just sat in front of it with it on repeat as Komo was just going down for a nap. "How did you know to sing this song?"

He smiled a bit. "It was just a hunch."

"Do you remember where you heard it?" You held a hopeful light in your heart.

He blinked at you. "No. But it must have somewhere special."

xXTo Be ContinuedXx