The Hold

I can't feel it.

It's not flowing.

You lay in your usual corner. Your ankle had been sprained from the torments from Cecil's late night.. needs.

You stare at your wrist. The shackles were diging into them like paper.

Why can't I feel it?

Across the way, you see the face of another. The lay lifeles on the cold stone, their gaze, unblinking.

I want to feel it.

Komo had been silent for a few hours. His body had been beaten due to the inability to lift a boulder twice his size.

The main door to the dungeons open, making you jump. It was like seeing your worst nightmare, knowing that its within sight.

"Get in there you worthless garbage!" His voice was terrifying. You worried for the person that he was talking to. The mans footsteps walked closer to your cell though it wasnt for you. You stare at his back as he opened the hold across from you. "Darla. You have a job to do." He spat his words out. As he flung the door open, stomped in, hoisted the girl upon his shoulder like a rag doll, and left.

You curl your finger together, trying to concentrate on the magic flow. It wasn't there. Almost like it was gone.

Out if the corner of your eye, you see Komo's soft fur move as he shifts position. We have to get out. This isn't living.

The doors open again only this time, the man was there for you. His cold monotone voice was painful. "(Y/n). Time for work."

We're merely existing.

You move. His keys jingle as he opened your hold. He leans down to help you up. His cold hands heading yours. "Its your turn to feed the snakes."

At the Demon's Eye guild, they had hundreds of "snakes" which were enchanted deformed creatures they created. They bit, hissed, and scratched at anyone who got beat them except Cecil.

As you walked forward, the sound of your bear feet were drawned out by the guards booted footsteps.

As you walk, you concentrate on your magic again. But only to have been met with a hollow feeling with a few sparks of life.

Is it..dying?

xXTo Be ContinuedXx