Then There Was Laughter

--NATSU--

All I hear is the soft sounds of the night coming through the open window. It was so quiet. In fact, I could hear the slight sound of water flowing from a stream not far off. Its euphoric. For days, weeks even, I have had my mind filled with things I would never think. I even had very inappropriate thoughts about (Y/n). Well.. inappropriate wouldn't quite describe it. Lustful sounds about right. It wasn't unusual. On occasion I would have my wonders what it would be like to do those things with her but they wouldn't get too past what we've already done. But these days they were much more. I, of course, will not go into any extreme detail.

I stared up at the ceiling mindlessly. I haven't hear such blissful silence in so long, I forbade myself from slipping into sleep. The sleep I once begged for. I took in a long breath and let it out slowly.

"No..." I jump at the sudden voice from the darkness. Oh God no. My eyes widen.

Please. I felt tears welling up as high pitched mumble fills around me. As it got louder, a tear rolled down my right cheek.

"No.. that's my fish." It was as though a weight was lifted from my chest. I turned my head to see Happy was pawing at nothing as he slept. "You wanna fight me for it?" His words trailed off as he shifted in his little bed.

"Natsu! Help!"

I sit up. "Komo!" Practically falling out of my hammock, I run out of the front door. Happy not once waking from his dream.

"Help me!!"

Even though I didn't know where it was coming from, I ran through the streets of Magnolia.

"NATSU!"

I know this place.

I bite my lip as I listened for Komo's voice again. I could feel my heart pounding. Even though he didn't call, I needed to find him. I needed to know who's ass I needed to kick for making him call for help as he did. "Komo!!" My voice echoed through the trees of the wooded path in which I now stood.

He screamed.

I ran much faster then I did last time, if that was even possible. I made it out of the woods and into a clearing where two large buildings sat. One smelled very familiar but all memories of why it did alluded me. "KOMO!!" I looked at the build as I waited for his call again.

Three levels up, second window, movement caught my eye.

There's someone in there.

We scared this one.

I fell to my knees. My mouth a gape. "They're back." I couldn't bring my voice above a whisper.

We never left. And then there was laughter. A mad laugh that made me shiver.

"Natsu?" I bearly heard my name. At least...I think it was mine. I heard "Nat-". The laugh cut off the rest.

--(Y/n)--

You ran through the dirt opening to him. He sat on his ankles, his eyes stared blankly at the building. When you reach him, you feel rocks dig into your legs as you sit in front of him. "Natsu?" You grab his wrists as you see him pulled back from whatever it was he was seeing or hearing. "What are you doing?"

He cupped your face and pressed his forehead to yours. "Where is he? Is he okay? Did you find him?" His words came out quick. You shook your head in an attemot to understand who the 'he' and 'him' was. The longer it took for you to answer the further his hands moved behind your neck and his fingers found your hair and pulled.

"Who?" You moved to released your hair from his hands. He cursed beneath his breath as he then darted to your building.

xXTo Be ContinueXx