The Day After

When you wake up, you see the sun. A warm breeze passes over your face. The birds are singing just out side the window. You think about the last time you saw the sun, or heard birds. "5 days ago." you whisper to yourself. It had been raining for the duration of your recovery. The last demon attached itself to your ankle thus spraining it on it's way out. The master said it would be four days for the liquid he had injected into your thigh to fix the sprain but you still stayed an extra night for observation.

"Oh! You're awake!" Said a sweet voice from the door. She was pretty. Her hair is white, bangs tied. Her eyes are a brilliant blue. It was Mira. "How are you feeling?" She asked.

You sit up, finger combing your hair. "Fine." You realize you dont have the sharp pain in your foot anymore. "I'm not in pain."

She gives you a beautiful smile "Thats great!" She looked like she was about to say something else when you both jump.

There was a large crash. Then there was yelling.

"Put some clothes on!" Called someone not far from your room.

"Don't burn the pillar, Nastu!" Called someone else. Mira smiles, waves, wishes you well, and leaves.

The yelling and crashes continue. You start to get out of bed and walk toward the door.

That commotion is coming from right outside the hallway.

As you walk, your breath catches as your heart is warmed with the familer voices that echoed in your mind. As you make it to the doorway, an empty barrel of alcohol smashes right beside you on the wall, making you laugh.

Everyone is fighting. Magic is being used. The Mira is talking to the master, who looks like he's six sheets to the wind.

"(Y/n)! My body is going to hit you!" You look up to see Happy hurtling toward you. Before you had time to react to him, his head hit your stomach, the momentum made you step back to keep your balance. "Uh.. sorry.." The blue exceed's wings spawned from his back and he floated in front of you. "I didn't know what was happeneing until I-"

You stopped listening and turned your attention to the movement behind him. You look over the exceeds shoulder to see Natsu beginning to stop walking. His face blushing loudly. The kind of blushing that if he had wanted to hide it, he would have to completely remove himself from the building. "Uh.." Natsu made a few more struggles at finding words when his eyes grew wider and his breath quickened. "H-hi." His voice cracked, making him cringe. Happy could only giggle.

You smiled at him. "Hello." You put your hands in front of you. A laugh forming in you throat at what you could assume was an act. It was only when you thought about it, you could only guess something had happened during his part of the extraction. You opened your mouth to speak only to see Gray shaking his head furiously over Natsu's shoulder. You could even see Happy doing the same. You would only close your mouth, move your eyes to meet his again, and smile awkwardly.

Natsu fiddled with his scarf. "I'm sorry...I have to go." He snatched Happy up before quickly making his way to the table. You watched for a second. He practically tacklled Lucy, a smile as wide and as bright as you had ever seen it. He spoke to her. His hand rubbing his chest just above his heart from time to time, his eyes moving to look at you as he spoke.

You smiled at him. You kind of had an idea of what Natsu was talking about but there was always a bit of doubt. "Meeting." A cold hand grabbed your arm roughly, pulling you back down the hall. Almost stumbling, you turn to see Gray. He held a type seriousness one doesn't see the often.

"What are you..." Before you finish your sentence, Gray had pinned you to the wall. His cheek pressed against yours.

"Don't say a word about anything of the past few months." His cool breath sent goose bumps up your spin. He had pulled back to look you in the eyes, his hands hold your upper arms.

You thought back. His confessions, his kisses, or the even the many times you two almost.

It's a new start.

"Okay. I won't." Gray stepped back, nodded before he let out a breath.

"Does it hurt?" He looked down at his feet. You only could blink at him. It did hurt. You don't know what could happen now. Natsu could fall for someone else. With that thought, you felt a pain in your chest.

"Hey Gray!" Natsu's voice echoed down the hall. You could hear his footsteps get closer. When he appeared, his eyes landed on you. His smiled widened, his eyes shone. Natsu then put his hands on the door frame, he would press his cheek to it immediately afterwards.

Gray let out a laugh. "Yes?" Natsu still looked at you bashfully. He was almost like a child.

"Erza has something for you to do." You gave him a small wave, making his catch. How you knew it did, he struggled to find breath afterwards.

Gray nodded. "Okay. I'll be there in a minute." You glanced over at him, his hands slipping into his pocket. With your eyes still in Gray's direction, You could hear Natsu's footsteps slowly getting quieter. "I know somebody who likes you." He smiled mockingly at you.

You could only roll your eyes and follow him out into the main guild hall.

xXTo Be ContinuedXx