Komo

"Ms. Porlyusica!" Your voice rang out around the tree house. No answer. "It's Natsu and (Y/n), ma'am! We're here to check on Komo!" It was silent in The forest in which the old medic lived. It wasnt natural... the hum was gone.

"Umm.. is she home?" Looking up at Natsu, you see his expression was one of confusion. He mearly shrugged. "Should I knock?" Natsu blinked. You step forward. You had almost hit the door when it quickly creeked open.

"Shhh." Her house was dark, she slowely moved out of the way. You had to tip toe to the main opening of her living space. "Don't. Make a sound." Her voice was bearly past a whisper, which was unsettling.

"Why?" You tried matching her level. You knew you hadn't when her face twisted in pain and anger.

It happened in a split second. The noiseless woods was replaced by blood curtailing shrieks.

"GET THEM OFF OF ME!!!"

From the bed, you see Komo restrained. His wings flapping, tail slashing and his claws dug and tore at the bed. By the sound of his raspy voice, he had been at it for a while.

"I just got him quiet, you incompetent fool!!" Porlyusica glared at you from kneeling on the floor.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!!!!" His fur was matted. It was patchy from where it was either torn out, or was shaved. One of tubes in his arms ripped out, causeing blood to splatter across the wall. "AH!!!! STOP HURTING ME, CECIL!!!!!"

The name rang louder then his screams. It was a name you swore to never allow pass your lips. As your eyes were locked on Komo, you were pulled to the floor by the medic. "Who is Cecil?!"

You looked in her eyes, and shook your head. Pulling from her and ran to his side. The closer you got the louder he screamed. "NO!!!! DONT TAKE ME!! NO!!" You wraped your arms around him. "NOOOOOO!!!!!"

You felt his claws dig into your arms and rip away as he pulled at his restraints. "He's not here. You're okay." You whispered to him. "You're safe."

His struggling slowed. As you pulled him closer to you, you could smell iron, medicine, herbs, and sweat. In the places his skin was reveled, it was hot and scabby. You continued to sooth him. His screams slowely turned to mumbles of - 'you can't have me.'

"Hold him still." Porlyusica held a syringe in her hand. The liquid inside was a dull purple. The herbs floating about were blackend. Grabbing his arm, she slide the needle in the bend of his arm, making him squirm.

Again his struggles continued. Komo wriggle, gasped, and spat out incomprehensible statements. "He'll calm down in a minute." Her voice was tired. Whiping her forehead, she took a seat at her table in the middle of the room.

She was right he was soon completely still, beside the his muscles twitching from time to time. You make you way to the old wizard. She held her head in her hand. "What was that..?" At your question, she shot you a deadly stare.

"It was a sedative. It's been keeping him alive for these past few days." Her voice was mean at first, but it soon replaced by a monotoned one. "Its slowely mending his bones back together, while reducing the pain and putting him into a temporary, yet slight, vegetable state." She wrote down his condition at the moment. Looking at him, you see his eyes were glazed over and he twitched every now and then. "...one of the side effects of this home made remedy... it's essentially playing with his mind."

Your eyes widen, but they remaind locked on the cat. "So he's hilusinating?" That hurt you. Seeing the face of the man who raised hell in yours, and Komo's minds.

"Yes." She stands and walks over to him. Moving her hands over him, a green orb wraps itself around him. "I don't have the energy to yell right now. But could you leave...your presence is nauseating..."

Taking in Komo's appearance once more, you slowely leave to meet Natsu who had offered to stay outside. When you closed the door before you, his gaze bore into your back. "That was him screaming wasn't it?" Looking in his eyes, you can see his sorrow.

You start walking back. "Yeah...he... he doesnt look so good, Natsu.." You tried to blink away your tears as your mind replayed the whole encounter in its entirety.

Taking your hand in his, Natsu took in a breath. "She's the best medic we know. She's going to fix him."

With out a word, you both made your way back to the guild.

xXTo Be ContinuedXx