Packing

"Natsu.. Are yo-"

"Happy. Please. Let me think!" I didn't mean to be rude to him, but I'm tired of that same question. First Lucy asked, then Erza, Gray, Wendy.. even Gajeel...

I throw my things into a bag. A blanket, food, things for Happy, and a drawing of (Y/n) that Redus had made. I stare at it. Every feature was captured beautifully. The longer I stare, the more my chest constricts as though a python was coiling itself around me.

I can't breath.

I let in a quick gasp of breath. It was then blue little paws packed it away. Eyes full of confusion. "Why are you lying?"

We stare at each other for a while. I fight the need to show my own weakness. "We have to go." I grab the bag, fling it on my back.

The walk to the guild was silent. It even seemed like the town itself had gone dormant.

At the guild, the members were preparing their last odds and ends. As I walk further in, I can feel the stares of everyone. Even Mira had put down the glass she was cleaning.

"Natsu."

"Gramps."

He raises an eyebrow at my comment. It was an awkward moment between us. It was sometime before he spoke. "Tell me what you are going to do."

I blink, swallow, and fix my scarf. "Well.. I'm gonna walk in and rip his damn throat out!" As I spoke, I could feel the magic racing through my vains.

Gray leaned against the bar. "What did I say, gramps?" His smug look made it even harder to keep my magic under control.

I roll my eyes. "What does that mean?" I walk down the stairs, putting my bag on a near by table.

Gray let out a quick laugh which made me look at him. "You'll learn eventually." At that moment, Erza walked in. Her many pounds of bags following close behind her.

"It is time to go, Master."

xXTo Be ContinuedXx