An Empty Bed

I lay in my hammock as the sun slowely crept into the sky. I don't know how long exactly I've been there but the next thing I know my eye lids had crept their way over my eyes and her image flashed through my mind. It hurt. Her face. It was though it knawd at my insides.

Why is it affecting me like this? Why does it hurt?

When my eyes opened again, it was worse. The pleasurable pain was replaced with longing. My heart raced as I thought of her. With my hand on my chest, I unconsciously let out a noise.

"Natsu! You're awake!" Happy jumped on me, making both of us flip. "Sorry! Can I ask what you were dreaming about?" Happy gave his same predictable mocking tone. "Was it about (Y-"

"Shut up." I playfully push him away and stand. "Let's get to the guild." I grab my scarf off of the table by the window.

The day was of a reasonable nature. It had a nice breeze, and the party cloudy sky was a beautiful blue.

As we walked, Happy had kept speaking about the very detailed dream he had had that night. I tuned in and out accationally. Partly from pure lack of interest.

"So! What do you think it means?" My eyes widen at the question.

Shit. Was the only thought that passed through my head. I stammer over my words. "You.. should follow your dreams." The ending sounded more along the lines of a question but he wouldn't notice.

The next thing I know, he was hugging me. It wasn't unusual but unexpected. "Thanks, Natsu!"

It didn't take long to get to the guild after that. Though upon reaching it, I see it was starting to get full. Of course, Mira was already serving alcohol, Erza was eating cake, Gray was doing something stupid, and Lucy was complaining by the request board

Where is she? I scan the room before finding a set at our usual table.

"Hey!" I see Lucy waving me over. In her hand was a request. Still searching, I make my way to her. "It's 500,000 jewel!" She rambled on.

And on.

And on...

I can feel my irritation rising the more I search. It was like a sky with no stars. Blank. Lifeless. Choose your liking. My eyes strain for even the slightest glimpse. The longer it took for me to find her, the more it hurt.

Lucy moves to get my attention. "What are you looking for?" She looks irritated. Almost like I had insulted her. I fix my scarf as an extremely uncomfortable feeling filled me.

"No one. I wasn't looking for anyone." I rub my teeth with my tongue before looking up at her. Slowely her expression changed. It went from the irritation of being ignored to pure amusement.

Lucy held back a laugh. Her fingers fiddles with the paper. "I didn't say you were." The wider her smile got, the deeper shade of red I got. This isn't me...I wanna go back to normal.

Just then the guild doors flew open. "(Y/n)!" It was Wendy who was in the doorway. "They're gone!" She made her way to were master Mokarov sat on the counter. In her hand:

A peice of parchment.

xXTo Be ContinuedXx