Three Different Voices

--Natsu--

"We need to extract them, Natsu." I look at the wood floor. My heart was pounding for a reason I could not explain. "Do you hear me?" I blink as I nod. Gramps spoke more. More about the process, the side effects, the recovery, the scheduling, and even the amount of pain that would take place.

A twilight breeze blew as I sat on the outside of the guild. My arms wrapped around my stomach, my head on a table, I look at the crimson rays of the setting sun as I felt a gnawing feeling were my arms were loosely wrapped.

"Hey Natsu!!" Happy's cheerful tone was refreshing for all I've heard for hours were birds and the distant talking of the many residents of Magnolia. I could feel the table sink in a bit as he steps closer to me. His hand fliddles with my hair. "What are you doing outside?" I sit up and look at the exceed. He looked somewhat tired as he does this time of day.

I blink at him. "I dunno. Just wanted to be outside." I give him a painful smile while starting to standing.

I start walking to the inside of the guild. As I reached the door, I could feel someone come up behind me. Their words were incomprehensible though they felt like it was right in my ear. I simple ignored it as I saw Happy opening the door.

I continued to walk and through the doors I could see most members were getting ready to leave or already gone. The three of particular interest was (Y/n), Komo, and Gray. Their lack of presence was unsettling and rather nauseating.

I could feel a growl threaten to erupt in my chest. I asked him to walk her home... not -

"Natsu!" I take a breath as I pushed my irritation down. "Look!" Lucy held a piece of paper up to my face so close it was blurry, causing my take a step back. It read:

HELP WANTED!

Extermination job.
--Volkens have taken over my yard! Please help!
•30,000 j.

My eyebrows furrowed. For the first time I didn't want to do a job. I took in a breath that came out a sigh.

"Whats wrong?" It wasn't concern, more bothered. "Don't you like extermination?" I nodded and yawned.

"Its fine. It'll pay your bill right?" I walked past her to head to were Happy was but was stopped by her hand on my shoulder.

Keep walking. She's obnoxious.

I turn around to see only Lucy, her hand above her heart.

TURN!

I blink at her. "What?" She looked as confused as I felt. "Did you say something?" She nodded. "What was it?" With my question, she looked offended. "Sorry. I wasn't listening." I try to put a smile on my face but by the way her eyebrows raised, I knew it wasn't working.

"I asked if you wanted to go. Or do you have something else planned?" Her tone was irrigating. The way she stood with such a large sense of...owner ship.

This one doesn't listen.

He's stubborn.

He's got power.

I whirl around to the talking. Once again, it was as though it was whispered in my ear. This time it was three different voices.

He's clumsy.

I turn to looked at Lucy. Her eyes were wide. "Don't do that." Running my hand through my hair, I see her shake her head.

She laughed as she started to the bar. "You're probably going crazy Natsu!" I blink as I nod.

"Yeah. Probably."

xXTo Be ContinuedXx