Illusions From The Mind

--(Y/n)--

You blink at the blur that was frantically running to the building you came out of. You blink as you catch a small glimpse of his facial expression as he opened the door. It was mixed with confusion, fear, and what one could only assume was irritation.

You take in a deep breath before going after him. "Natsu!" You opened the door to hear thuds of footsteps echoing through the staircase as he ran up. You skipped two steps at a time as you followed him to your door, which in the dark hallway you could see was open.

You trotted to it only to see his silhouette. "Natsu." You walked further in after closing the door. He didn't answer, just stood rubbing his eyes with the heals of his hands in frustration. You were about to grab his shoulder before you heard a soft fearful sound from the bed.

"Whats going on?" Komo then sat up, his blanket falling on his lap.

"Go back to sleep. Its okay." You walked over to an end table to turn on a small lamp which didn't quite light the room.

Komo crawled slowely to the end of the bed. "No. There's something going on." He rubbed his eyes before looking up at you.

You crossed your arms due to the slight chill in the room. "Its nothing you need not concern yourself with." You looked over to the man who still rubbed his eyes.

"Yes it is! There's something wrong with Natsu! I can feel it!" He was right. There was something wrong but...

It was then Natsu let out a huff. Well...huff wouldn't quite fit. "Stop..." He continued to hold his hands to his eyes. "Please.." He backed up while letting out mumbles of incomprehensible words. It was only when he hit the wall was when you walked over to him.

"What's wrong with you?" You pulled Natsu's hands away from his face. You could see that anymore he would have bruised the whites of his eyes.

He looked at you. You saw tears welling up. "What happened to your face?" Natsu traced your features with his fingers. He hesitated at some parts and mumbled words of shock as he did. "How long have you been hurt like this?" With those words, he whispered. His tears slowly sliding down his cheeks.

"What are you talking about?" Natsu looked up to Komo. When he did, his eyes grew. You turned to see what he saw.

"This one is scared." You turn from looking at the exceed. Natsu had his hands to his ears. "That sound frightens this one.." He slid down the wall as he let out small sounds of pain. "(Y/n).." He breathed your name in what you thought was a comfort. It was confirmed when he repeated it again.

"Natsu?" The words were kind of hard to read. You could hear Komo's wings appear from his back.

"Komo." You kneeled down in front of Natsu. "Can you wake Erza so she can call the Master?" You whisper comforting words to him. You took in deep breathes as you watched him cower in fear at things that didn't even exist.

"But.."

"Please!" You threw your arms around the dragon slayer. "Just get her!" You continued your attempt to comfort him. You were hit with cool air as Komo flew out of the room and called for the armored woman.

You felt Natsu's arms wrap themselves around you and his knees rested against your waist. "Help me, (Y/n)..." He held you tighter. He then placed his head in the crook of your neck as his finger nails dug into your back.

"You're going to be fine." You felt bad. You couldn't help. You didn't know what he was seeing or hearing or anything. Just that he was being mentally tormented.

"Do you promise?" His voice shook. It was a shot through the heart.

"Yes."

xXTo Be ContinuedXx