Chapter 3

"Hey, it's an attack! What the hell is this?!"

The High Priest jumped and screamed.

His face was tinged with astonishment as he saw the poison dart on my back.

"Who dares to hurt me! Servant of the highest god!"

I stretched my back and sighed.

The darts weren't aimed at the High Priest, but at Ian Wade, but he seemed to get it wrong.

Actually, his reasoning was reasonable, since there were more enemies of the High Priest than of Ian.

"It's certainly the work of the atheists!"

Atheist terrorism was also so common that it seemed possible.

Because of that, Ian led the knights and even escorted them.

"God will not forgive you!"

I didn't expect such a misunderstanding, but it was a very 'oh right' moment.

The more people thought of it as a terrorist attack on the High Priest, the better.

The more that happens, the more Reid and I would move away from the line of suspicion.

I quickly scanned Ian's body as the High Priest poured out his anger.

Fortunately, not a single dart passed through Ian.

"Annabelle Nadit? What is this?"

Ian's red eyes looking at me were filled with astonishment.

"Well, it would have been a big deal if the High Priest got hit, but for a swordsman who handles swordsmanship, it's no big deal."

I said coldly without looking at him properly.

"There was nothing wrong with my movement."

It was only natural that I had already eaten a lot of the antidote.

"Then goodbye."

Now that no one was hurt, I had hoped that they would bury this incident.

"Aren't you Annabelle Nadit?"

As I was about to leave, the High Priest suddenly grabbed my hand.

"I understand you were second in the last two swordsmanship competitions. God bless you for saving me."

The High Priest's eyes were shining brightly.

I answered bluntly with a bunch of poison darts in my back.

"I just did what I had to do."

"No, but this kind of favor..."

The High Priest, who was about to retire due to his age, was so moved that he could not speak.

"I even asked the Knights of Duke Wade to escort me, but you, without any responsibility, came forward and made a sacrifice like that..."

Since I've started lying, I might as well end it beautifully.

"I respect the High Priest so much that I couldn't just sit still and watch."

The High Priest, even more impressed by those words, grabbed my hand.

"The temple will surely repay you no matter what!"

"Thank you."

I thought it would be nice if I could be given some money, so I answered quickly.

Still, I had to try my best to pretend that I didn't notice Ian's hot gaze on my face.

"Then I'll get going now..."