Chapter 141

Unbelievable.

Looking at Braden's expression, it didn't sound like a joke.

"..."

I thought it would be good to shut my mouth slightly in embarrassment and then change the topic.

"I heard that the Duke was very kind to my family while I was returning to the capital. In particular, thank you so much for not letting them leave the duchy just in case."

"Yes, that grace can only be repaid through marriage."

"..."

"Ahaha, that's a joke. Isn't it too burdensome? Actually, I left the word "please" out, but..."

Fortunately, the road with Braden was not long. After walking for a while, a luxurious warehouse building appeared.

After all, the duchy was really spacious. I thought that I had been blatantly coming and going all this time, but I didn't know that such a place existed.

"I want to appeal to your family somehow, but delicious food and pretty clothes don't seem to have any meaning."

Braden said with a smirk.

"Leslie said she could eat a lot of good stuff when she became a Duchess, but that's definitely not going to work for you anyway."

There was no one in the Empire who was unaware of the fame of the Duke of Wade, but in a way, to appeal to it as 'delicious' was a word that was very considerate of me, a commoner.

"Well... And for some reason, it seems that Ian's relationship with Prince Robert is one more appeal..."

He said with a very serious face.

"I hope to hand over the dukedom soon, but I think Ian will have more leisure time than Prince Robert. Far from getting better, the Imperial finances are going to get worse."

"Oh?"

As one of the people of the Empire, that was very worrying. But Braden smiled kindly.

"But, whatever, Prince Robert will be fine if he has the ability. That's something we don't know, right? Rather than that, how should we look good to Miss Annabelle? My wife and I discussed it head-to-head last night."

"Uh, um..."

"So the conclusion is..." (pr/n: is it swords)

Braden opened the warehouse door wide. I swallowed dry saliva involuntarily as I watched the scene unfolding before my eyes.

"Uh... This..."

All kinds of swords were displayed there. Just looking at them, they were very luxurious, well-maintained swords. (pr/n: lmao of course)

"Annabelle."

Among the displayed swords, Leslie was smiling.

"Come here when you're married to Ian and if it gets too boring. Wouldn't it not be fun without this gift?"

It was not that Ian wasn't that fun, but indeed, Ian's parents were underestimating him.

"I didn't want to burden you, but... I was so nervous that I couldn't help it. I've never felt so insecure about my child."

Leslie sighed and said.

"I wonder if he's a gentleman and hesitating and making you feel no man's charm at all..."

I realized once again that Leslie's senses were poor.

Because Ian's gentlemanly behavior had already disappeared from the day of the banquet.