Chapter 48

The words he uttered at my face, telling me to speak quickly, were absurd.

"...Be careful."

"What, careful of Reid? Or the managers with all the black magic which they don't even have anymore?"

If you were going to say something useless like this, then why did you call me?

I was sarcastic about my temper and went on my way, but at the end, I thought that I was grateful that I did my hair so quickly, so I decided to give him a proper answer.

"The fight I'll lose..."

I glanced into his red eyes and muttered to myself involuntarily.

"... Will only be with you."

Somehow, I lost my self-esteem.

Although I always lost, it was the first time I admitted that fact in front of him.

I quickly ran away without seeing his expression.

As I walked down the lavish hallways that I had followed behind Morriett, I could feel the heat rising on my ears.

I had never been told to be careful my whole life, and I had only heard it a few times today.

From my first real family and my old nemesis...

The hope that my life, which was only to be a trivial villain, would change, made my heart flutter.

When I went back to the auction house, it was already in a state of chaos.

Guards called by Robert stormed the scene and were arresting people.

In fact, all the managers, who were the strength of this black market, were defeated, so even the guards, who were not very strong, were able to suppress them.

"Sister!"

In the midst of the chaos, Aaron grabbed a man in a manager's suit and called me.

"I didn't catch Morriett, but I got this one!"

"Ah, Anna-Annabelle...".

Reid, dressed in manager's clothes, was half insane, like Morriett.

Unlike the other managers who immediately collapsed, his consciousness seemed to go back and forth.

Perhaps it was because he had only been engulfed by black magic for a few hours.

"Hehehe... I'm glad you're not really my sister..."

He smiled with out-of-focus eyes.

"If you were my real sister, wouldn't mother have given me all of that legacy? Hee hee..."

I grabbed Reid by the neck and swung my fist.

I had been wanting to hit him like this for a long time, but I had endured it because we were blood related.

Reid's body flew away helplessly and crashed into the wall.

"Uh-huh... Why all of a sudden in the head...? Everything was going well..."

It was when I strode over and tried to kick him again.

"Miss Annabelle."

Suddenly someone grabbed my arm. Now it was Robert completely unmasked.

I noticed that he had come in front of Room 2 earlier, and thought he would pass by, but it was an unexpected appearance.

"I know you're angry, but listen to me for a moment."

"Yes, Prince."

I politely replied.

"But I will kick that human jaw once and then listen to the prince."