Chapter 136

"Now..."

Richard said triumphantly to the Marquis of Abedes.

"Kidnap Annabelle Rainfield on the way to the capital. Did you mobilize as many assassins as you said back then?"

"Yes. We hired assassins several times the number Elburn hired before."

Contrary to the cool answer, Marquis Abedes sighed anxiously.

"But Richard, you've spent a lot of money from the budget on this one. If we don't stop the bill, all the mines will go down at a bargain price..."

"Anyway, Annabelle Rainfield's ransom is the money you can ask for fromthe Duke of Wade."

Richard raised his eyebrows and replied as if nothing had happened.

"Now is the time to bet on everything. Fortunately, Annabelle Rainfield is not in very good shape now, so the kidnapping will not be difficult."

He said, pointing to a path on the map.

"Ambush them here and tell them to kidnap them. The detailed plans are as follows."

It was a plan on which the future of the family depended. Besides, Elburn had already been detained in the imperial prison.

The Marquis of Abedes had no choice but to obey Richard's advice.

"Tell them to succeed no matter what. No matter what happens."

"Ha, but with the possibility that something might go against our expectations..."

"Risk management is a luxury for us right now. Besides, how can you trust those hired with money? It is possible to back down saying 'there was an obstacle' without doing their best."

Richard declared with a twinkle in his eyes.

"Tell them to do their best to kidnap her under any circumstances."

~*~

[Annabelle's POV]

After passing the last inn, the capital really came closer. I was still carefully riding the horse, pretending to have injured my ankle.

I even told the surgeon who belonged to the Imperial Knights to have a bandage wrapped around it.

Therefore, anyone could see that I was injured.

"You just have to be patient. We'll be at the capital soon."

One knight that didn't know how good I was at acting thought that I was so pitiful that he spoke to me.

Besides, I was experienced at acting as an injured person.

In the past, when I fought with Ian, I used the strategy of attacking from behind by pretending to be seriously injured during the match and making him turn around.

'Even thinking about it again, I'm sorry Ian.'

With that in mind, it was shameless to have a relationship like this with the real Ian.

But, well, Ian said it was okay to be a crazy guy if he wants to be my lover, but I also decided to just live as a careless kid.

"Yes. It will be soon."

I politely responded to the knight who spoke to me.

All the while, I accompanied the Imperial Knights, but they didn't really come close to me.

I was not a member of the Imperial Knights, so it was natural in a way.

Anyway, I wasn't lonely.

'Since I was 14, I haven't really been interested in anyone other than Ian Wade.'