Chapter 60

[Annabelle's POV]

Breaking a vase was too easy for me. I was just walking around and swinging my sword and it was over.

"Why are you taking out your sword while you are going to the bathroom?!"

One of the courtiers said it was ridiculous, and I shrugged my shoulders and responded.

"Ugh... How much is this... This is no ordinary vase!"

Because I was a commoner, the courtiers were not afraid to criticize me.

"No matter how educated you are, you are wielding a sword in the Imperial Palace! Are you crazy?"

Of course, it was not a big deal for me to receive such criticism.

I was a person who had received criticism from the people of the Wade Knights from a young age.

The level of the enemy was just the courtiers, so they were not even the damage of a grape seed to me.

It was also an understandable criticism in the first place.

"It's not that I'm crazy, it's just a bit of recklessness."

I shrugged seriously.

"There is a crooked corner due to the poor growth background. But it's also a soul with a lot of scars." (tl/n: she was talking sarcastically about herself)

It was a moment when the courier was once again annoyed.

In the midst of the commotion, Robert and Ian ran.

In the hallway, the vase I had broken was shattered and flowers filled with water were scattered.

"Prince."

I looked at Robert as triumphant as a cat that had brought a dead mouse for its owner.

"I broke the vase."

Of course, Robert wasn't too surprised by what I said. Instead, he asked while looking around with a friendly look.

"Oh, it's okay. Don't worry. Did anyone get hurt?"

"It's just that these people's hearts were hurt."

When I answered naturally, Robert blocked me and gently said to the court lady.

"I hope you didn't get hurt. So don't be rude to my guest. I'll compensate you."

"Prince, but this vase..."

"I know. It's a relic of Roydes II. Still, there are five or six more similar vases in the Imperial Palace. Don't be mad at Miss Annabelle, it has already happened."

With a sweet smile on his face, he picked out roses from the broken vase himself.

It was a flower that was grown in the imperial palace, so each was very fresh and coveted.

"Miss Annabelle, never mind. I'll take care of everything. I hope you forget the unsavory things and leave only with pretty memories from the Imperial Palace."

Then he took a handkerchief, made a simple bouquet of flowers, and handed it over to me.

The green eyes that looked at me were bent as beautifully as the roses.

I wanted to click my tongue.

'As expected, like a sly snake...'

It was great to seduce me like that openly.

Now there will be rumors that "Robert even covered up a ridiculous mistake because he fell in love with Annabelle."

And only then would there be a possibility for Annabelle's act of recklessly passing this unprepared accident.