Chapter 100

[3rd Person POV]

Lagian was contemplating the duel with Annabelle over and over again.

On the day of the banquet, he insisted that he was far superior to Annabelle. He had money from Carlon, and his pride as a swordsman was damaged.

Fortunately, except for the last moment, he unilaterally drove Annabelle to a corner, so Carlon seemed to have agreed and gave him another chance.

But anyway, as an excellent swordsman, he did not ignore the uneasiness that remained in his heart.

Besides, after one night, his courage disappeared, and his reason slowly returned.

'If... That last move was her real skill.'

His mouth was dry.

'If it was a real skill, it meant that her skill has grown unbelievably.'

Annabelle's accuracy and agility that he was analyzing was a move that could not come out. She avoided the moment too precisely for him to dismiss it as a coincidence.

It was difficult to notice even from the most sharp-eyed spectators, and it was a sensation that only the one who actually fought could feel.

If so, Annabelle would certainly be on his level or even stronger.

'It's obviously too mean to provoke an opponent's unreasonable movements by pretending to be weak...'

But Annabelle was a mean person.

From the night of the banquet, Carlon has been so busy that he has not been able to properly investigate her.

Lagian, a foreigner, was unaware of the circumstances, but it seemed that Richard's fall had dealt a devastating blow to Carlon.

And that fact really bothered him.

'This may all be something from Annabelle Rainfield's big picture. Maybe it was Richard who she was aiming for in the first place...'

Then things could become even bigger.

Lagian boasted that he could kill Annabelle Rainfield, and after the duel, she consistently insisted that 'it was just a mistake'.

In the end, if Carlon falls into a trap, wasn't it entirely his fault?

Of course, there was no way he had any loyalty to Carlon. But when he was misunderstood that he had cheated the Crown Prince of the Empire, he wouldn't survive.

'Besides, I vowed to kill Annabelle Rainfield if he gave me one more chance...'

The reason Carlon didn't rebuke him must have been that he was trying to give him another chance.

At that time, if he did not defeat Annabelle, he might be killed by Carlon.

The problem was that he couldn't guess Annabelle's skills.

It was when he was biting his nails. A careful knock was heard.

"Come in."

Lagian, who responded bluntly, was surprised to see the person who came in.

It was the Empress who he saw for the first time yesterday.

Lagian, a foreigner, was also able to notice the aggressive public opinion towards the Empress. The angry Emperor not only issued a restraining order, but also announced that he would cut off her budget for the time being.

"I've been avoiding other people's eyes, so I'll tell you quickly."

The Empress looked around her and handed him one of her reagent bottles.