Chapter 71

Lina's mother was sobbing as she grabbed Lina's hand.

"What the hell is this... You suddenly disappeared one day, you don't know how long we've been looking for you!"

"Ah... Mother? My mother?"

"Yes! Lina, it's really our Lina!"

"I... I must be crazy."

Lina trembled as she sat down.

It seemed that the memories of the past rushing in at that moment were too painful.

"Why am I... Why? I just thought, I should just live with him."

I said calmly as I watched her tears flow down Lina's cheeks.

"The girl is not crazy. Don't blame yourself. Because this was black magic."

Everyone blinked their eyes in surprise at the word black magic.

Black magic was an unfamiliar term to the general public.

"Huh, huh, black magic?"

"Yes. It's a very bad magic that manipulates a person's conscience. Now that it was broken, she has come to her senses."

I kindly explained.

And I asked more to confirm the hypothesis I had been thinking about before.

"Have you ever lost something like clothes?"

"Huh...? Yes. There are some things that disappeared after hanging the laundry. But it was a cheap apron..."

"Perhaps that was the condition for black magic to activate. They must have cast black magic with the clothes of the target."

After the fairy lost her wings and clothes, she lived with the woodcutter, so it must have been a medium.

I glanced at my uncle, who had lost his mind, with a puzzled expression on his face.

He couldn't hide his disbelief until he led me here, and he ran like a crazy kid when I started a fire.

"Perhaps my uncle was the first target... They must have failed because they couldn't possibly steal clothes or belongings."

In other words, he did not have a servant and took good care of his things by himself, so he was not afflicted with black magic.

"Unbelievable... Maybe that's why Lanella said she would be the maid of the lord's castle from the beginning..."

Someone spoke and my uncle's face changed horribly.

"Oh, she said she was going to be a maid?"

I asked.

"Yes. I said no because I didn't have enough money to hire her."

"That's great. It's all thanks to my uncle's eccentric nerd mind. I'm so happy."

After praising my uncle, I took a look around him.

Since there was also a fire, the people of the estate were crowded and watching.

Anyway, the general public didn't know anything about black magic, and the people here were almost cut off from the capital.

"Ahhh! You are precious!"

Lina's mother said with her eyes wide open and I scratched my cheek and muttered.

"Not a precious person, but a talented and cool person..."

When I answered carefully, my uncle intervened.

"She is a precious person!"

He gave his eyes strength and said, looking around at the people.