Chapter 122

[3RD PERSON POV]

At that time, in the capital, things were going roughly as Annabelle had expected.

Everyone panicked because of the voices heard in the wind, and when they heard the sound of swords clashing, everyone was startled.

In particular, Oscar, who had guessed that Annabelle had entered a duel with a sword, was immediately stunned again.

He was so worried that he lost his mind. (tl/n: he fainted)

Marilyn rolled Oscar and laid him down, then pricked her ears to focus on the sound.

It was in order not to miss Annabelle's voice.

But the rest were only nervous for the first few minutes, but after a while it got cluttered again, and somewhat boring.

Hearing the sound of swords clashing and the voices intermingled every once in a while, they lost interest.

Of course, the duel was not visible, so the concentration dropped.

"Hmm, then..."

Once the situation was settled, it was the Emperor.

He was also very embarrassed, but first he had to think about the authority of the Imperial Family.

The matter about Crown Prince Carlon had to be mentioned, but not in front of so many people now.

"Right now, we don't really understand this strange situation, but it seems that something serious is going on with black magic..."

The Emperor looked at the crowd gathered around him and said solemnly.

"I think it would be better to just do the awards quickly and stop the event here. Everyone should go back immediately, and do not be reckless until the official announcement from the Imperial Family is made."

"Yes, I understand."

Aaron, who was standing in front of the podium, answered immediately, but he was thinking about something else.

'My sister doesn't swear. You must be expecting this.'

Aaron's head began to spin rapidly as he recalled his last conversation with Annabelle.

'Then, shouldn't we take the time to let as many people as possible know the outcome of this situation?'

In the meantime, sparse voices intermingled between the sounds of swords clashing in the wind.

~"Annabelle! It's dangerous!"

~"...Prince, do you think I cannot see with my eyes?"

~"Ha, but I instinctively..."

Seeing the Emperor's urging gaze, the host quickly brought the winner's medal.

"Then I will give the medal to the winner."

Of course, Aaron was not at all offended by his own awards ceremony being a bit of a mess.

Because he knew very well that he wasn't the number one swordsman in the Empire anyway.

"Okay then, let's end the event like this."

"Wait."

Aaron, who received the medal, rolled his eyes and looked around his crowd, and he said aloud.

The host, who was about to end the event in a hurry, blinked his eyes in restlessness.

"I'll just say one word and move on."

Aaron continued to speak confidently, covering the host's mouth by saying that he would only say one word.

"There was an illegal drug case in this swordsmanship competition, and I hope it will be tracked down to the end."