Chapter 24

My biological father's family, the Marquis of Abedes, was one of the most high-ranking nobles in the Empire.

To the extent that my mother, Caitlyn, begged to stay with him, and he casually tossed her a huge fortune and said, 'take this and leave'.

Perhaps if I got a title and was recognized as a member of them, I would have the right to inherit and become really wealthy.

The problem was that even the Marquis of Abedes knew that well.

They were annoyed, rather than impressed, that I was trying so hard to win a swordsmanship contest.

"Can we talk for a moment?"

Richard, the eldest son of the Marquis Abedes, who was tall and wore round glasses, spoke kindly with his arms crossed.

"With family."

Family...

I blinked my eyes involuntarily.

'Is it true that you and I are tied together at once?'

'Are you sane?'

"Right, I was going to visit you, but I didn't know that we would meet like this today."

Elburn, the second son of the Marquis Abedes, who was next to Richard, also smiled and held out his hand.

"Your father wants to see you too. Let's go see him."

Both Richard and Elburn were young men who were winning and growing in the Empire.

Their lavender hair, like mine, was well-groomed, and their blue eyes, which were a little paler than mine, elongated like almonds.

I knew that they were quite popular because of their good looks.

In particular, Richard Abedes was the second male lead of the original.

He was also the right arm of Prince Kalon, the final villain.

He was quite capable, for he was a person who was good at various schemes.

He was popular with a small number of readers who liked love-hate relationships but...

Since that person was my half-brother, the story would be different.

"Yes, I'll go."

I smiled and got up quietly.

Even Robert, Ian, and Braden seemed to want to say something to me, but in the end they just let me go.

"Go."

I had already spoken with the three rich men of the Marquis's family.

It was said that I already knew enough about how they thought of me from a young age.

In other words, it was not enough to just send them away quietly.

~*~

When I was 14, it was the first day I participated in a swordsmanship competition.

The swordsmanship contest was a huge event for anyone.

It was played in a tournament format over several days, and I lightly beat my opponents in less than five minutes in every match until I reached the quarterfinals.

Reid and Caitlyn said excitedly at the draw.

"Who would have known that Aaron Rainfield would lose the first round? Even at the age of 12, I was a little worried about him using his small body with sly moves."

Aaron Rainfield was one of the candidates we expected to be very difficult to beat.

I was worried that I might lose in a ridiculous way if I ran into him, but the match was like a fantasy.