Chapter 81

"What?"

Ian shouted so loudly that the maid, who had been carrying another cup of tea, fell down.

With the sudden spilled hot tea, the drawing room quickly became a mess.

Robert patted Ian on the back of his hand and said.

"She said I don't fit her ideal type at all, and you and I are in a similar position, so shouldn't we give up neatly?"

I was so busy cleaning up the carpet from the hot tea and comforting the maid that I couldn't hear Robert's words.

Only after arranging the drawing room could we calmly face each other again.

"Prince, what are you talking about? What do you mean you got dumped even before you started flirting?"

I responded to Ian's question with a noticeably stiff look as if it were nothing.

"It's literally what it means. I asked him not to fall in love and neglect his ambition, and I asked him to take good care of his mind."

And I added with a determined look that I would no longer talk about this topic.

"It's not the time to pay attention to that kind of thing. There's a foreigner coming to kill me."

We had a lot of work to do, finally starting to catch the enemy's shape vaguely.

The helper of Carlon in the temple also had to be found, and the third "origin of black magic" had to be found before that.

So somehow I had to expose the connection in front of everyone.

In the original work, it ended like that by digging behind Morriett three years later.

'Since Morriett was killed, I can't wait until the end... But I have to finish it as soon as possible. Perhaps in the original work, they couldn't find the origin of black magic because they didn't know what it was.'

But the most important thing was to prepare for the order of assassination on me.

It was said that they would bring in a person not from the capital who could kill me, but I didn't think they would do all this for a commoner like me.

As it was the first case of a proper clash with each other, we had to draw a big picture and act carefully.

So I looked at Robert and spoke seriously.

"Maybe the talented Prince Carlon will officially ask me for a duel, right? In front of many people."

"...I guess so."

Robert nodded heavily.

"He's definitely going to apply for the duel, and I hope there's a condition."

"What is it?"

"No matter what happens... I don't want to have a duel in front of my family. They'll be worried."

No matter what, a dangerous situation could arise, but I didn't want to make my parents nervous.

"I think Crown Prince Carlon will definitely want that to happen."

It was also the reason why I asked Robert.

Wouldn't Robert, who was a part of the royal family, know better about Carlon?

Carlon was probably asking the brothers of Abedes about me.

Since we became enemies without knowing each other, we had to ask for advice from someone who knew better.

So, we wanted to set the stage for the trap that the opponent would sell.

We'd make good use of that trap.