Chapter 52

"What are you saying again..." 

"It's true though. Right?"

 Our conversation didn't go on any longer, as the servant who had been on Leslie's errand had returned. The servant held out the sword he was carrying to Leslie. 

"Come on, Annabelle. Would you like to hold it?" Leslie, who handed the sword, recommended it to me. 

"It was mine, and it's a very good sword. In fact, it was a gift from Braden some time ago."

"I see..." Then it was a sword with a very romantic history. I took the sword with a slightly trembling hand.

Seeing how well the shape was in, it was clear that Leslie had always taken care of this sword, even though she di not use it.

Even though I had only held it once, I could feel the essential difference from the sword I had been using.

I looked at the sharpened blade of the sword as if possessed.

"I'm glad you seem to like it." 

"Yes?" Leslie smiled kindly. And then she added lightly. 

"It's a gift, Annabelle." I was so startled that I forgot to breathe for a moment. 

"Even if Ian continues to grow, we need a great rival." Leslie continued to speak timidly.

"A child with chivalry like you is welcome. If so, shouldn't we at least compete in a similar environment?"

My conscience began to prick me at the word 'chivalry', but now I can't even say was actually a villain.

Therefore, even now, I had no choice but to become a chi equipped with chivalry.

"I always went to competitions with cheap swords, but Braden said that he wanted to compete under similar conditions in the last competition.'

"Uh..."

 "That is the spirit of Wade."

The spirit of Nadit, which was told to win the final competition by committing even a crime, was incomparable.

Leslie added bitterly as if she recalled that time.

"In the end, I got injured and couldn't compete, and I haven't competed since. So this sword is practically new."

"Something like this... Do you dare me to accept it?"

There was no sound like 'a garbage like me can't accept this!'

Once I grabbed it, I couldn't put it down.

"If it stays in my room, it's just a decoration. It shines th – brightest when in the hands of a swordsman."

"Still, it's a gift from the Duke, can I use it like this?"

From what I heard, it was something that contained a lo story between the two of them, so it seemed that Leslie should not make a decision alone.

I asked anxiously in case there would be a couple fight later, but she shrugged her shoulders as if it was no big deal.

"I do not care. Even Braden didn't think I'd keep this sword with me."

"Um, really?"

"Really. He thought about passing it on to our daughter-in-law in the future."
Leslie continued her words, kicking her tongue as if out curiosity.

"But what daughter-in-law would want to get a sword from her mother-in-law?"
"Ah, urn..."

"You have to think about handing over the best jewels or relics with a good value for money. But to get a sword..."