Chapter 39

When I saw the Rainfield's dressing room in the distance, I felt a sense of tension.

I never thought of them as part of my family, and I had no idea how to treat them.

When I thought about going into the dressing room, my mind went blank.

'If I had known this would be the case, I would have asked Ian what to say.'

Ian, who was very exemplary, would have told me the right answer.

It was when I was hesitating as I stood in front of the dressing room door and took a slow, deep breath, suddenly the door swung open.

"Oh my god!"

I too was shocked to the point that my heart dropped, but the other party shouted out in amazement as well.

Aaron, who was about to open the door and come out, said with his eyes wide open.

"Annabelle... No, sister!"

I looked into the deep blue eyes of the same color as mine.

Sister... It was awkward, but it was a label I had to get used to.

He said with an awkward smile.

"Anyways, I was just about to go look for you myself, wondering if I had sent Ian for nothing. I thought you might be fighting with him."

After looking at me for a moment when no one was there, he sighed and added.

"Seeing that you came alone, it looks like you two were fighting. Actually, I expected it."

"Oh, no. I just said I would come alone."

I sighed and said.

"I'm like a puppy scared during the day."

"Let's not be a scared puppy, but more like hyenas. Although, why didn't you come in to chat?"

"Uh... Well."

I avoided his eyes and replied shyly.

"I didn't know...what I should say...so I was thinking..."

Aaron opened his eyes and shouted.

"You just have to say what's on your mind!"

What's on my mind?

I glanced back at Aaron.

The first time I thought I could get along with him was earlier.

His talking nature always seemed interesting, and I had seen him around for a long time...

"Well..."

So I really confided my truth.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know. Were you very upset?"

"What? Upset?"

"Yes."

"Why would I be?"

When I had dinner with Robert at Rainfield's restaurant, I remembered him hurriedly saying hello as the representative since Oscar and Marilyn were away, and I continued to speak in a complicated tone.

"Unexpectedly, we now share the inheritance rights... And a person like me..."

Aaron's mouth widened.

So, as soon as I saw Aaron's face, that thought came to mind.

"...Would then take the inheritance."

Coincidentally, Aaron and I listened to Elburn together before the ceremony.