Chapter 59

"You... Then, was the reason you were obsessed with me only because of the title?"

"Huh? What..."

It was for the sake of the act, but...the words felt a little strange.

"After chasing me like that for 8 years, your purpose is gone, so you're going to leave me like this?"

These were lines that could be used for a very bad woman who clung to a man to raise her status and threw him away when she no longer needed him.

"I'm not leaving... I'm just letting go, like this?"

Ian seldom responded with a loss of composure, but was interrupted by Robert's haste words.

"Wow. Calm down. As expected, it is also the rival of the century."

Robert patted Ian on the shoulder.

"Ian, you were a little harsh this time. Miss Annabelle spoke quite nicely, unlike usual."

"Well, it's okay."

I shrugged and said calmly.

At my words, Robert smiled and nodded his head.

"After all, you haven't fought for a day or two, so don't feel offended like this."

And he continued to speak as if he thought he had stopped the fight.

"Actually, that's why I called you the Imperial Palace. Caronda was getting too far into the topic."

"What?"

"This is really my gift, Miss Annabelle."

Robert handed me a jeweled ring.

"It's a magical item, but it can warp space to anywhere you want. Since it can only hold one accompanying person, you can take Ian back and forth."

"Warp? Wow..."

"But there is a strict condition that the user must be registered in the Imperial Palace."

Bewildered, I received an item that looked like an ordinary ruby ​​ring.

I had never heard of a warpable item.

The fact that even user registration had to be done in the Imperial Palace seemed to be a secret item made only for the royal family from the magic tower.

"You need to destroy a relic of an imperial palace that is more than 100 years old while wearing it."

"Wow, that's an expensive and violent way to register."

Anything from the Imperial Palace would be quite expensive.

I clicked my tongue, and Robert answered.

"We put limits on the high-level magic items so that it can't be abused. The old relics of the imperial palace are difficult to destroy even for the imperial family. It's also easy to track whether the item is being used or not and where it's being used. Of course we don't care if we get tracked, since we're doing work for the Empire."

"But, it's a secret that I'm using it..."

"Right."

Robert smiled and continued.

"Fortunately, Miss Annabelle is a commoner, and she has a bad reputation, so she might as well break anything."

In the end, he meant that it was not strange to use some of those violent registration methods.

It was a moment when my low status and messy past helped.

"Say you were going to the bathroom, so when you get out of here, turn around the hallway on the right and go all the way to the end. There's a bird-shaped vase, and you can break it."