Chapter 29

As a lover of the world, the High Priest tended to think positively about everything.

"When I saw the opera, the atmosphere was very good. Well, there's nothing like blood ties when you get older."

Of course, someone evaluated that positive view as a 'flower field'.

"Miss Annabelle, who saved me out of sheer good will, deserves this kind of recompense."

The High Priest began to fill the high-quality parchment paper with elegant letters.

"With and...your family and...the royal family...all that's needed is my consent. I have my retirement event in a week, so to commemorate..."

He called the lower priest and ordered that the letter be delivered to the marquis in time for dinner.

At that time, there was a man who was thinking much more about Annabelle than the High Priest.

"Annabelle hasn't shown up for three days."

Aaron muttered with a serious expression on his face, but Ian didn't answer.

However, his eyes were slightly sunken, and his red eyes were lifeless.

"We see each other almost every day, but it is very sad. Isn't it?"

"Why am I sad?"

Ian responded bluntly to Aaron as he swung his sword.

"It's great because it's not annoying."

"But."

Aaron crossed his arms and muttered.

"I did not complete the mission Annabelle gave me. I haven't been able to see her yet. Soon, when Ian takes a shower, I'll have to sneak in..."

"Don't think about it, Aaron. That will never happen."

"What? Gee, it looks like you're not planning on taking a shower in the future."

In the end, Ian pointed his sword at Aaron with a creepy face. Then he replied irritably.

"Annabelle was recently invited to a meal at the Marquis of Abedes. I mean, she's not in the mood to snoop around here. So don't wait for nothing."

"Hmm."

Aaron slipped back and tilted his head.

"I said I was upset, but I didn't say I would be waiting. Were you waiting for her?"

"Don't be ridiculous. She's so excited about going to the marquis that she forgot to beat me."

"Oh my."

Aaron kicked his tongue as if he was sorry for Ian's blunt reply.

"You're behind in your priorities. Is that why you're upset?"

"Why are you sulking?"

"Oh my. I forgot you get mad when I ask why you were upset."

Ian didn't want to talk to Aaron anymore, so he roughly poked his sword in and went out.

Aaron had an amazing advantage. He turned Ian's all sorts of uncomfortable feelings into anger.

But when the anger subsided, it was strange that Aaron's words lingered in his ears.

'I'm waiting, I'm sulking...'

In the three days when Annabelle didn't show up, he had a lot of thoughts.

And after thinking about it, he alone concluded that the reason why she didn't come was because of Marquis Abedes.

'I thought you were serious about the sword.'