Chapter 38

He gently placed his hand on my shoulder and spoke softly.

"I know your skills too, but I don't think you can catch him now."

I felt the body temperature of a soft and warm person, and my body suddenly relaxed.

But...

'Why is his hand trembling like this?'

The fingers on my shoulder were visibly trembling, but his words were calm and low.

"I promise. If chasing after him becomes difficult, the Duke of Wade will come to your aid. We can help track..."

"What? Why?"

I was startled and asked.

Wasn't it in the original story that the Duke of Wade chased Reid's tracks and put me in prison as well?

To prevent that, I had been struggling all this time!

I panicked and started babbling.

"I don't need it! There's no need! Why are you helping me?"

I never forgot to spit out abusive language so I couldn't help but add.

"Regardless of my birth, I have no desire to get along well with you! You're such a boring human being that you don't even look at the toy businessman for fear of getting cheated!"

"What?"

Knowing that he was uninteresting, his face turned red in an instant.

"Who will help you? I'm helping the Rainfields, who have a deep connection with my family!"

Ian lifted his hand from my shoulder, rested his forehead on his hand, and shook his head.

"I was crazy for thinking like that."

I breathed a sigh of relief inwardly. It went as planned.

"Anyways, let's go to the Rainfields. Everyone said they would wait in the dressing room."

With a colder voice, Ian continued.

"Because I came after I said I would find you and take you back."

I asked, clearing my throat.

"Um... But why did you say you were looking for me?"

"Because I'm the only person in this world who can chase after you."

There was no playfulness in Ian's words.

I didn't know if that was a compliment to me or him being proud of himself.

But, I felt strangely upset.

Even though everything I knew had changed, it seemed that the relationship with Ian remained the same.

It was strange that it would be a subtle comfort.

I groaned and asked crookedly.

"The capital city is so large, how did you find me?"

"Eight years."

Ian turned around and said as if spitting out.

"You're the one who has fought me the most in the past 8 years, so I am able to keep up with you."

I stared blankly at him.

I swung my sword a lot and attacked his back.

Maybe I was envious of him, so I worked harder.

He had friendly and nice parents, full support from a family famous for swordsmanship, and even a good personality.

"Hey."