Chapter 114

In fact, he was a little apprehensive from the moment Annabelle said she was leaving at this point. The swordsmanship competition was just around the corner.

"Sister, but this is your last swordsmanship contest."

Aaron finally raised his voice with a serious expression.

"Of course, you will lose to Ian, but you will be able to hold on for a lot longer than last time because you have improved a lot..."

"Thank you very much for the detailed compliment."

Annabelle answered bluntly and Aaron then continued his speech.

"If you don't attend, our parents will be very worried. It'll be rough."

"Why?"

"I mean, I'm not coming here on purpose to send you to the swordsmanship contest. I'm curious about your ranking."

"Can you believe me? I don't think you'd believe me."

"Even if I don't believe you, you can reduce their worries from 100 to 99 anyway."

"Ha, but... It would be nice if you could elevate Rainfield's name at this point."

"Sister."

Aaron bit his lower lip for a moment and thought.

"If that's the case, then Ian..."

"No, Ian will participate."

Annabelle resolutely shattered Aaron's expectations.

"So if you do well, you'll be second, but that's great anyway."

"...Thank you for the precise and detailed compliment."

"And one more."

She stopped Aaron as if she was only going to say what she had to say.

"These days, there are a lot of illegal drugs circulating because of swordsmanship competitions."

"There always is."

"This time with some particularly serious drugs... Prince Robert personally cracked down on it. This is the report."

Aaron accepted the thick report Annabelle had given him. It was a document that analyzed the users by tracing the distribution route of an illegal drug.

"Prince Robert? You're talking about three bodies..."

"It's okay. From what I saw from those close to me, fortunately, there is only one body to sit on the throne."

Annabelle spoke lightly, then she looked into Aaron's eyes and added.

"Deliver it to headquarters before the swordsmanship contest. Then we will take care of filtering the subjects and testing them."

"I, we?"

"Prince Robert will go with me... Ian might be a little late. So the only person I can trust is you."

"Unbelievable."

"I can't help it. It's also a matter for the royal family, so it's a bit heavy."

"...The royal family?"

"To be precise, the Empress... Well, you have nothing to worry about."

Aaron, who didn't want to take on such an important task, had a sad expression on his face, but he couldn't help it. All of Robert's reliable knights would accompany her on this itinerary.

And since it was related to a swordsmanship contest, if someone was intoxicated with illegal drugs and were noticed, they could have taken it by force.

Therefore, Aaron was the only person who could be completely trusted in the capital among the most talented.