Chapter 18

"It's a bit silly to say she saved me..."

Braden shook his head as Ian mumbled with a sigh.

"That's not what Leslie said."

Leslie folded her arms and spoke nonchalantly.

"Let's just look at the case. You didn't get poisoned during your escort, she warned you of terrorism in the bar first, and today, she got hit from the explosives instead of you?"

"Today is a coincidence."

"I'm more grateful if it's a coincidence."

"But I think..."

"As long as we're human, of course, parents and children can have different opinions, right?"

Leslie spoke lightly, but in the end she hinted that she wouldn't listen to Ian.

Then, she looked at Braden and grinned.

"And my thoughts are the same as yours, right?"

While being asked almost forcedly, Braden made eye contact with Leslie and laughed.

"Well, your thoughts are mine."

Ian touched his forehead.

Braden and Leslie had a good heart, so Braden listened to Leslie much more than him.

"But I don't know who the hell is trying to hurt you."

Leslie ordered her servants to collect the fragments of the book and request them to be commissioned by the Wizard Guild, and then murmured seriously.

"There wasn't much political movement."

"Maybe it's a warning of the continued friendship with Prince Robert."

At Leslie's words, Braden wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

"The imperial movement is getting worse."

"..."

"There's a rumor going around that Prince Robert had a meal with Miss Annabelle, and it says that he is trying to usurp the throne by force."

Braden was a little different from Leslie, who had little interest in the world.

So she knew very little about social rumours and political movements.

When Braden mentioned Robert and Annabelle, he even noticed Ian's eyes flash momentarily.

"Miss Annabelle was second place throughout the two swordsmanship competitions anyways. And the acquaintance between you and the prince is known in secret. The fact that Prince Robert has taken you and Miss Annabelle at the same time could mean that he has set a course for both of you."

Leslie listened to Braden and nodded as if she agreed.

"Yes, Miss Annabelle is in a poor situation where no one actually cares for her, so even if Prince Robert reaches out a little, she's in a position to pledge loyalty. But since your situation is a little different, someone might have sent a warning, so be careful."

Braden sighed slightly and added.

"I don't think it was a dangerous bomb. It's more reasonable to think it was just a warning."

Ian didn't answer.

In his mind, there was only one sentence floating around in this serious and complex political situation.

'Even if Prince Robert reaches out a little. Robert reaches out a little. Robert reaches out a little...'

Clearly, Annabelle was in a pretty poor position.