Chapter 111

The greatest consideration I could offer for that sad remark was a flat refusal.

"Prince, I'm not good at using my brain, so I can't be burdened with the position of an empress."

"What? You seem to have a knack for tricks."

"Even if I have talent, I don't want to use it. I have a theory that my head suffers when I use it too much."

I said with a deep sigh.

"I'm going to retire a large number of brain cells after this. I've been overdoing it lately."

"If you're worried that you're going to have to scheme for the empress..."

"But most of all."

And I pointed out the most important fact.

"As you know, I don't like you. I want to marry someone I like."

"Well, you can't try?"

"No, I can't."

"Even if I don't suit Miss Annabelle's ideal type, not everyone gets married, so somehow..."

"But I can't. My ideal type isn't important."

"Then what's important?"

"I can't because my mind is somewhere else."

I answered relentlessly.

"Anyway, let's wrap this up here, and let's finish our discussion."

"...You're really convinced? Well, there's no room for negotiation."

"It's all for you, Prince. You know that. It's the worst thing to negotiate for this kind of cause."

Robert sighed but seemed to have nothing more to say.

What could I do?

In addition, things to come in the future were too important to push me further on this matter.

"Anyway, I'll have to call Ian on the coast of Banafarim."

Robert said as he prepared to write a note to the pigeon.

"No. Banafarim and Smaho Forest are close. Can we meet there?"

He mumbled, frowning.

"There's a reason why. The swordsmanship contest is too close... I didn't mean to ruin Ian and Annabelle's last sword fight."

Robert counted the days by pointing his finger.

"...Isn't that too short? We have to start right now, somehow..."

"Oh, no."

I interrupted his words.

"That's why I asked for a warp ring."

"Huh? You want to use warp now? I don't know if Carlon will follow or not, and what if you don't come back to the capital by the day of the swordsmanship competition..."

It was alright.

Everything changed when you knew that I didn't want to participate in the swordsmanship competition.

"The sword contest is... I'm only going to let Ian participate. Ian can't go into the Smaho Forest anyway."

I laughed bitterly and Robert stuttered in surprise.

"Oh, oh, Miss Annabelle... Do you mean you're going to give up your last swordsmanship competition now?"

"Yes, we should get rid of the origin of black magic during the swordsmanship contest."