Chapter 66

[3rd Person POV CONT.]

"...Incompetent..."

Carlon immediately tore up the note.

"It's not helping."

He found out about the 'origin of black magic' by chance in the secret archives of the imperial family.

There were three origins of black magic in this world.

Two of them were found by offering sacrifices to the devil.

They dealt with the origins of black magic and made a fortune by destroying the human conscience.

Carlon needed the money.

The emperor loved Robert, and he was good at whatever he did.

Even though Carlon was a prince, he was anxious, because he realized that Robert's ultimate goal was the throne.

Compared to Robert, he had no choice but to do a back job with money to somehow fill in the skills he lacked in many ways.

For example, just hiring Lagian costs an astronomical amount.

Of course, it was clear that he was worth it.

A few swordsmanship experts accompanying him saw Lagian in person and said, 'he's definitely more powerful than Annabelle Rainfield'.

It was only natural that money was required to mobilize experts.

Although he now maintains the position of a capable prince, in reality he was holding it in jeopardy by purchasing people and situations with money.

These days, neither the imperial family nor the aristocratic family were wealthy.

It was an era in which minor turbulence occurred in the class system as more commoners were wealthy than nobles.

Carlon grinded his teeth as he clicked his tongue.

Now, one of the origins of the black magic that operated the general market auction house had disappeared, so in the end, only one planted in Caronda remains.

He should get the other one he had not found yet so that he wouldn't have any problems with future financing.

This was because, even now, the Ministry of Finance had barely managed to make money by manipulating finance books.

However, the temple helpers were so incompetent that they could not find the origin of the last black magic for a long time.

Now there were no more sacrifices left to offer to the devil, so the help of the temple was absolutely essential.

Paradoxically, it was because the temple was the best place to study the devil.

It was then.

Another dove flew in. It was a note from Rayburn, his subordinate, planted in Caronda.

Calon's eyes narrowed as he read the note.

"Lagian, let's correct what you said earlier."

"What?"

"Get rid of Annabelle Rainfield when we get to the empire."

~*~

"Cessianne, please clean the waiting room by tomorrow."

"Huh?"

On the way back from organizing kitchen ingredients, Cessianne heard a sound like a bolt out of the blue.

"Tomorrow? By myself?"

"I think so..."

The saintess's roommate, who delivered the words, also blurred her speech as if she felt sorry for her.