Chapter 139

After Lanella's name came out, my parents' expressions completely hardened.

My mother's hand, which was trimming the ribbons on my clothes, trembled softly. No matter how much I thought about it, she seemed so angry that she couldn't stand it.

'I'll have to give her some time to sort out her emotions.'

I rolled my eyes once and asked my uncle.

"...What will be the punishment given to the Crown Prince?"

"Both of them were served life in the tower... The greatest punishment ever given to the Imperial Family, perhaps?"

Uncle checked the newsletter again and answered.

Since the evidence was so clear, it seemed that the conclusion was reached quickly.

He personally handed over the members of the Imperial Palace Knights that my uncle attacked while convoying, and that Lanella and Rayburn did not deny it.

There was no way they could give a good testimony for the man who was trying to kill them.

Even the discriminatory nobles who were trying to defend them at any cost would not have been able to step forward, seeing that public opinion had already been swayed by me.

"How dare he bring black magic to this world. The wizards won't forgive him. They will somehow keep him alive and do all kinds of experiments."

I said while wearing the third outfit my mother brought today.

"It's okay if you don't tell me in detail."

Of course, I was also diligently eating the late-night snacks my father made.

"Because I hate cruelty..."

Actually, I am a great swordsman, but I have never killed anyone. When I handled the assassins earlier, I only aimed at their vital points that stunned them all.

Aaron responded as if he was having fun and was trying to evoke this chilly atmosphere.

"Sure. You hated cruelty, so you aimed only at Ian, who didn't get a single scratch."

Aaron applauded seriously.

"In the end, you were a real expert in trying to even target Ian's heart."

"..."

"I'm a little curious, but after you cut down all the bamboo, did you accept that desperate confession?"

"Do not ask unless you recite how you confessed to Saintess Cessianne."

"Yes. I will shut up."

The topic certainly had the power to change the mood.

My mother and father sat next to me, dressed and fed, and exchanged glances of difficulty.

It was the fact that they had never dreamed of me becoming Ian's lover, so they did not know how to react.

"I can't stand against it. Even if it turns out that Ian is a bit strange, it's hard to find a man like him and you're already determined..."

Then, father spoke hesitantly, and mother slowly nodded her head in agreement.

"And... During your absence, the Duke was so kind to us and protected us from danger... In my conscience, I cannot oppose it."

'Hmm.'

I thought to myself.

'The Duke has laid the groundwork here. They've already fallen for the trick...'