Chapter 64

Robert was trying to say hello from the capital.

I muttered involuntarily as I looked at the shiny ring.

"How long has it been since we arrived..."

Suddenly, Ian's gaze was also embedded in the ring.

"You seem very concerned."

It was when I talked to him without thinking.

"Yes, Bell."

Naturally, we had our arms outstretched as we walked along the trail.

Then he grabbed my hand with the ring on again.

"I am by your side."

He spoke in a relaxed tone and even interlocked our hands.

An unfamiliar body temperature slowly intertwined between his fingers.

Despite the gentle touch, I felt like I was suffocating.

I looked at Ian with a surprised face, and he pointed forward with the tip of his chin.

"There, Castle of Lord Caronda."

"Ah."

A fairly large castle was already in front of us.

Now that I was going to meet the lord, Nick, I was going to pretend to be a real lover.

I nodded, trying to forget the sweet whisper that had stuck in my ear.

Paul, who was in front of us, looked back and said:

"I told you I was guiding you on a shortcut. You should thank me. If the other kids had come, it would have taken an hour more."

In fact, it must have been a path that people didn't know well since the forest trail was very isolated.

Still, I was not the type to praise children right away, so I deliberately let him down.

"About an hour, huh? ...It would've been okay to just take a look around the estate."

"But what you didn't know was,"

Paul said confidently, not at all dismayed.

"You would be a day and one hour late?"

"... A day?"

When I said that I was puzzled, Paul replied with a smirk.

"Yes. He told me to bring all those who were not sure whether they were qualified outsiders or not, to the lord's castle."

Paul was excited and continued to explain.

"But they look so closely that it takes several hours for each couple. So the wait is quite long."

"Wait, you mean he will see everyone all by himself, even though it's going to take a long wait?"

When I asked in amazement, Paul said coldly.

"It's an important job, so you can't trust others. Plus, the original lord doesn't trust anyone and he's a bit eccentric."

Paul tilted his head and spoke.

"He must have been very handsome when he was young, but it is not strange that he is single. Since he has a very special personality..."

In the first place, it was unusual to have two servants in this large castle because it was a waste of money.

"Did you say there are two servants? What kind of people are they?"

"One stable keeper and one butler. Both of them are grandfathers."