Chapter 129

[3RD PERSON POV]

On the night of the awards ceremony, the capital of the Empire was buzzing with various topics.

After all, all the people of the Empire couldn't help but be excited.

The fact that no one else, but the Crown Prince of the Empire was behind black magic was shocking.

They all thought that Carlon wasn't as good as Robert, but never thought things would turn out like this.

"Does it make sense? Thousands of people in the Empire have lost their minds due to black magic."

"I guess there was nothing that caught my eye when he thought he was being pushed by Prince Robert. He must not have even seen the people of his country."

Of course, the Imperial Family has not yet made any official announcement.

Nevertheless, everyone in the capital had already guessed everything.

"Isn't the Empress crazy too? She bought illegal drugs and gave them to a foreigner? And she wants to kill Annabelle Rainfield?"

"She's a woman who always treats commoners like worms. It's the same, right?"

"Still, not to anyone else, but to a foreigner... The Crown Prince and the Empress should all be considered working together."

It was no exaggeration to say that everyone in the capital was so excited that they could not sleep.

Of course, there was one other noisy place that night.

"Br-brother?"

"Richard!"

When Elburn and the Marquis of Abedes heard that Richard had barely recovered, they ran into his room.

"Hey, are you awake? How's your head?!"

"This... How did this happen?"

Richard could barely speak in a hoarse voice, and Elburn began to explain with difficulty.

"Brother... I think we're really in the wrong line. The only thing left now is the downfall of the family."

Richard's expression gradually hardened as he heard what had happened since he lost consciousness on the day of the banquet.

"The Empress is in custody, and Prince Carlon has also been arrested, so now maybe..."

Interrupting Elburn's gloomy voice, Richard asked slowly.

"Therefore... Am I being punished?"

"Yes. Fines and imprisonment for forgery of documents, the release of position..."

Elburn sighed in reply.

"There was an invitation to attend the Imperial Knights as soon as you wake up."

"..."

"An audit from the Ministry of Finance is coming soon. Then I will be in a similar situation."

At those words, the Marquis of Abedes intervened, grinding his teeth.

"Annabelle, that savage thing, I knelt down to my knees for her to ask Prince Robert for mercy somehow, and then she kicked me out."

Just thinking about it, he trembled as if he couldn't stand it with humiliation.

"Maiena went out and posted it in her newsletter, and I was embarrassed."

Elburn mumbled as he scratched his head.

"If I had known this would happen, on the day of the paternity test, I should have mobilized more assassins to kill them somehow. If I had brought more numbers, she would have been beaten, but she said it with her own mouth..."