Chapter 83

[3RD PERSON POV]

The capital suddenly became noisy again.

"We have arrested a trafficker who used black magic in Caronda in the south."

Robert announced another great speech in front of a crowd.

"This time, Ian Wade and Annabelle Rainfield worked hard."

Annabelle and Ian became heroes once again.

"I would like to express my gratitude once again to these two for their generous use of their abilities for the future of the Empire."

Of course, Robert did not forget to imprint his name on the public.

"I will immediately dispatch the Imperial Knights to Caronda, and I, Robert, will continue to work hard to eradicate the evil forces."

Everyone was astonished by the method of human trafficking using black magic.

And everyone was terrified for a long time when they learned that black magic could do extraordinary things that they could not even imagine.

In the meantime, magic had been studied only in the Magic Tower controlled by the imperial family, so it was not working much in real life.

The fact that the Rainfield family entered the Duke of Wade was not a big issue.

Rumors circulated that Aaron and Oscar were originally people who served the Duke of Wade anyways, and that Marilyn also appeared to have been hired by Leslie for a high ransom.

Only Annabelle was in a bit of a heterogeneous composition, but it didn't surprise everyone that it was because she had teamed up with Ian twice in the meantime to fight black magic together.

Annabelle had a history of raising her reputation once just for her participation in the fight against black magic, so this time she didn't get much attention.

But people admired it in a different way.

"Ian is amazing... For the noble purpose of exterminating black magic, he also joined hands with someone who was tied up in bad times like Annabelle."

"Maybe it couldn't be helped. Anyway, Annabelle Reinfield is good at her skills."

When people gathered, everyone praised Ian's great generosity.

Ian didn't say a word, and his reputation grew more and more day by day.

As the rumors abated, another shocking fact awaited the people of the capital.

"Oh my god, Prince Robert invited Miss Annabelle Rainfield as his partner?"

"Are you sure Prince Robert doesn't really like Annabelle Rainfield?"

"But, from the old days, the relationship between the two of them was not unusual."

From scandals from the past to the secrets of her birth that were suddenly revealed, rumors about Annabelle Rainfield were bound to grow.

But the scandal with the prince was the perfect gossip.

Of course, there were other views as well.

"They seem to be conscious of the commoners' assembly, aren't they?"

"Right. The common people's assembly has been criticizing the banquet culture these days."

These days, the status of the common people in the Empire rose everyday.

With wealth on their backs, the influence of the commoners' assembly was getting stronger.

Still, Robert had a high level of support from the common people while fighting black magic.