Chapter 4

I spent a few days in my room organizing my thoughts after reminiscing about my past life.

When I read the original novel in my previous life, I certainly did not dislike Ian Wade.

On the contrary, I valued him highly.

Even though we had been intertwined with bad relations, my feelings for him changed as I recalled my past life and saw the situation more objectively.

The hatred for no reason disappeared and only objective judgment remained.

He was pretty much a generous, normal man, although sometimes he did intend to ignore others a bit.

The only heir to the Duke of Wade, also known for his upright chivalry, lived up to his name.

Annabelle probably wouldn't have survived if he had a slightly odd personality.

No matter what I did and spewed insulting remarks, he just ignored it, saying, 'you shouldn't have personal feelings when facing the sword'.

The vessel itself was a different person from the past me, who had all kinds of personal emotions.

So I was not so unwilling to save him from danger.

'But I'm sorry too.'

No matter how much I recalled the memories of my past life, there was no villain without a story.

My mother, Caitlyn, married a poor downfall aristocrat, gave birth to Reid, and lost her husband a few years later.

She had since been obsessed with fixing her fate.

Being desperate, she seduced the Marquis of Abedes, and succeeded by getting pregnant and giving birth to me.

After she succeeded in correcting her nephew by asking a high-ranking nobleman, Caitlyn began to dream bigger.

From a very young age, it was accidentally discovered that I had a knack for swordsmanship, so Caitlyn teamed up with Reid and brainwashed me like crazy.

They would say Annabelle Nadit was a worthless person if she didn't win first place in the swordsmanship contest.

When I was a child, she told me not to settle for nothing, and she even had me write a memorandum to hand over all of my inheritance to Reid.

Even after she died in a wagon accident, Reid continued to push me for first place.

"Your mother died without seeing you win first place because you didn't work hard. So at the end, you have to win first place and show it to your mother in heaven."

In the meantime, I was engulfed in guilt and trained hard, even though it wasn't my fault. That's why I hated Ian, who was the reason I couldn't get first place.

But there was something else that I really hated.

'Just because we share some blood doesn't mean we have a good relationship.'

In my mind, no matter how much my mother was the same, I wanted to cut off ties with Reid and live as a stranger to him.

But, all the property was under the control of Reid, and I had zero money.

'The more I think about it, the more I feel wronged. Isn't that really shitty? You only gave me a maid after all the prize money from my swordsmanship contest.'

Caitlyn's extravagance flooded into my memory of her not buying me a decent dress.

In a nutshell, the mansion was quite colorful and spacious, but my room was narrow and dark, and I wondered if even a single piece of furniture was properly equipped.