Chapter 89

[3rd Person POV]

It was speculated that the only thing she was good at was swordsmanship, so she would try to prove herself too hard with it.

"It's been a while since I've seen a commoner properly."

The empress lifted a glass of wine and happily whispered to Carlon next to her.

"You've been patient for a long time because of the common people's human rights and other things."

Carlon also smiled and replied.

"In addition, even His Majesty is getting more and more aware of the common people."

"Yeah. He was even looking forward to it today."

The empress glanced at the emperor talking to Robert from afar and said in disapproval.

"He's going to meet the second-best swordsmen of the Empire at the banquet in person. He must have wanted to call her and see her in person, but held it in."

"His Majesty admires swordsmen so much."

"Even Ian Wade doesn't attend banquets often. He's not coming again this time, so he wants to hear about swordsmanship while watching Annabelle Rainfield."

It was then.

The voice of a servant, who announced new people coming in, rang throughout the banquet hall.

"Prince Ian Wade is coming in!"

Everyone in the banquet hall, as well as the empress and Carlon, was surprised.

Ian did not come to the Imperial Palace banquet even if he had attended other events well.

Everyone was speculating that he was influenced by Leslie, who rarely came to such a place because she was a commoner.

"...I can't believe he's here at Robert's birthday banquet that he has never attended before..."

Carlon muttered, grinding his teeth.

"From now on, it's like he declared that he'll be on Robert's side properly."

Still, it had remained neutral in shape, but it seemed that he had decided to quit it now.

However, the continued announcement of the servant was even more surprising.

"Annabelle Rainfield is coming in!"

Speaking in a row like this meant being escorted.

Naturally, everyone saw Robert already in the banquet hall and expected Annabelle to go alone.

So people were surprised twice by the sight in front of them.

What surprised them first was that Annabelle was being escorted by Ian.

But Annabelle was a woman other than his mother who Ian brought to the banquet while escorting.

"What's happening now?"

"How can she be escorted by Ian Wade?"

Everyone was agitated by the unimaginable combination.

And the second reason people were surprised was because she was noticeably beautiful.

"...You said the Rainfield dressing room was closed, right? Was it closed to make that dress?"

"She's tall and has perfect posture... Oh my! What am I talking about?"

Robert approached Annabelle directly and smiled deeply among the whispering people.

"You're here, Annabelle. You look very pretty today."