Chapter 9

Ian was blunt and had mood swings ever since he was young.

He didn't even care about other people since he always won easily.

Everyone but Annabelle Nadit wanted to get along with him. That was why there was no desperation and lacking from her.

Others praised Ian, saying he was handsome, but the Duke and his wife knew the shadow that followed their son's light.

It was the indifference and bluntness of not wanting anything from others.

Although he possessed the common sense and dignity of a noble, he was cold to the point that sometimes he did not acknowledge the shortcomings of others.

Leslie had never made such an issue of it, but she often thought that the Duke of Wade could end up without a successor like Ian.

Of course, even if her son lived alone and died, it was inevitable because it was an individual's choice.

But she couldn't believe Ian, who was always upset with everything with the same expression, was showing such a look!

"Mother, why did you suddenly become interested in Annabelle? You usually don't care at all."

"I thought maybe you were just having a little bit of an inferiority complex. I only thought of it as a nuisance to your way forward."

"You know exactly what I mean."

Ian smiled and folded his arms.

"And an interesting conversation? What are you going to talk about with the woman who throws curses me?"

"That curse was very cute too."

Leslie said teasingly.

"I hope Aaron hears you when you take a bath today."

"The curse was too much. I can't stand it."

Ian swept his hair nervously.

"After this sword competition, there will be no more complications, so I'll endure until then."

"Well, is that so?"

Leslie grinned slowly over the tea.

It was fun to see her son go crazy, but she was slightly moved by Annabelle.

'You want to win, but you don't want others to get hurt.'

Leslie wouldn't have thought that if she were in Annabelle's position.

It was in Annabel's true heart.

"I like her."

"So what?"

"How about you?"

"I'm not a pervert who gets excited when I get insulted, and there's no way I can like Annabelle."

Ian said with less excitement while Leslie nodded her head.

"Well, that's okay. I can't help it. We're going to go our separate ways."

"What?"

"Since when did we interfere in each other's lives like that? The evaluation of a person can be different."

Ignoring Ian's anxious gaze, Leslie continued.

"Today she wore a gray training uniform. Come to think of it, I've never seen her in any other clothes. Like the swordsmanship contest, and the last time I happened to see her at the training ground..."

Ian did not respond to Leslie's words.

Leslie looked at her son's tightly shut mouth and noticed that her indifferent child had seen Annabelle every day but never thought that way.