Chapter 126

"...Nick?"

Marilyn blinked in disbelief.

"Uh... Well."

Aaron also got up and greeted him slowly.

"Nice to meet you, uncle... I am Aaron Rainfield."

With Oscar and Nick being identical twins, everyone in the capital immediately recognized Nick's identity.

"Marilyn, you've lost a lot of temper. You must be old."

Nick shrugged his shoulders and said bluntly.

"If it was like the old days, there would be no way you could ever stop swearing in front of an noble. Just seeing you put up with it is worth coming to the capital. Maybe, that's Oscar fainted under your feet there?"

He grinned and glanced at Oscar, who looked just like him.

"I'm glad there are things that don't change. He's just as weak as before. Anyway..."

With everyone's attention, Nick slowly looked around him and spoke.

"It was great to see the Duke of Wade behaving well with Annabelle the whole time in my estate. Maybe it was love at first sight? The fluttering light purple hair blah blah blah... He told me all that."

"Well, then you..."

Marquis Abedes stared at Nick and breathed.

Caronda was the only territory where Ian and Annabelle were together.

This was because rumors circulated that the two had come together to destroy the origins of the second black magic in Caronda.

"I am Nick Averson, Lord of Caronda. When I come to the capital, it's naturally exposed to the fact that I bought the title."

Nick shrugged his shoulders once, and went to the Emperor.

"I have been escorting the criminals under the orders of Prince Robert. Rayburn Stropheid and Lanella Ocide using the origin of the second black magic, and..."

At his words about Lanella, Marilyn rubbed the back of her neck once more. Of course, Nick's words continued without her having to intervene.

"Including some knights of the Imperial Knights Templar who were trying to kill criminals they were secretly escorting."

At those words, the surroundings once again became quiet as if cold water had been poured on them.

Even the Emperor could not control his trembling hands.

If it was the Imperial Knights, they were under the jurisdiction of the Crown Prince.

Killing a prisoner in escort was a tale of silence, more evidence of Carlon's involvement in black magic.

"Uh, anyway!"

Marquis Abedes shouted with a wistful face.

"That person is also a Rainfield after all! How can you believe that person? Duke of Wade, say something."

Of course, Marquis Abedes had some faith in this.

Because he predicted that the foxy Duke of Wade wouldn't listen to his son being talked about this weirdly.

By his calculations, it was natural for Braden to deny all these voices.

At the very least, if he simply stated that it would not be true, it would inevitably give strength to the Duke of Wade, not the Crown Prince, to make such a claim...

Of course, Braden had no interest in those words of Marquis Abedes.

To be precise, he was completely unaware of how other people looked at Ian.