Chapter 19

I looked at the green eyes in the robe with a bewildered expression.

"Since it was a Rainfield meal ticket, it wouldn't have been an easy decision."

Robert smiled slyly.

"Of course it wasn't an easy decision."

I replied rudely and left the gambling room at a quick pace.

Still, Robert didn't mind at all and followed me around.

"Goodbye then."

I turned around quickly with a wary face.

It would become difficult if an in-depth question was asked, such as why I thought he would become the emperor.

I was quite grateful when he congratulated me on my birthday, but I tend to not hold on to the things others have done for me.

I'm not the kind of person who wants to look good...

A politically complicated person like that would get tired of even a little entanglement.

My dream was just a simple life.

I've already made up all the proper life plans.

It was not necessary to live as an aristocrat, it was just a matter of making use of the abilities I had by eating and living well.

For example, Oscar, who runs a lot of chain stores, or Marilyn, the owner of a high-end clothing store.

I completely gave up on being recognized as a member of the Marquis of Abedes and decided to go my own way.

After the swordsmanship contest was over, I was going to pursue a flat life trajectory when I could be freed from the danger of being accused of being an assassin.

First of all, my plan was to either become a swordsmanship teacher in a wealthy family, or get a job in the knights of an aristocratic family.

When I become a lieutenant like Aaron, my salary would be good and then the treatment wouldn't be as bad.

After that, I was going to meet the right man, date the right man, marry, and then have children.

"Hang on, Miss Annabelle."

Robert grinned and blocked my way.

"I have to say thank you. I'm happy to receive your support."

I answered without reservation.

"If you want to say thank you, I'll take it. Of course, you can't say it with words. If you feel pressured to give me thanks, show me instead."

"Oh really?"

At my stern reply, Robert was lost in thought for a moment, then rummaged in his pocket and handed something to me.

"I can't give you a meal ticket to the Rainfield restaurant, but I can give you an invitation like this."

I took the invitation and blinked.

Oh my.

"Will you be my opera partner?"

It was an invitation to the opera "Don't Go Crazy."

Operas were not only expensive but it was also difficult to get tickets to go, so it was not something anyone could just attend.

Only the upper aristocrats who were invited could attend.

It was more like a social event for the chosen ones than a performance.

Naturally, there was also the Duke of Wade's family on the list of attendees.

Leslie refused to go when she was asked by the Duke of Wade, Braden, out on a date, saying 'I'm going to fall asleep from watching that boring thing'.